33 39.76%
  • HK USP EXPERT

5 6.02%
  • Something else?

35 42.17%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could only have 2?

Feedback Score
    Not limited we have a "approved" handgun roster and next year we will not be able to get handguns that are not on said roster. We can have ARs but yes 10 rds in the mag.

Feedback Score
    I do remember vaguely hearing about said list, and I think if memory serves, Glock and S&W aren't changing the manufacturing to be compliant with the new law. I feel bad for you living in that oppressive of a state with gun laws.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Retail sales from an FFL are limited to 1 handgun every 30 days. In addition, as mysak said, we have a Safe Handgun Roster, which is really a sham, since all new handguns are required to have microstamping, if you're LE, you're exempt from the roster, and something as simple as a design change from stamped to MIM parts is considered a significant alteration by the CA DOJ requiring re-testing and all current roster regulations are applied. That means if a gen3 g19 changes frame color, that's a new design, and requires microstamping. :P

Feedback Score
    HK VP9 and a nice 1911

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haiedras View Post
    Retail sales from an FFL are limited to 1 handgun every 30 days. In addition, as mysak said, we have a Safe Handgun Roster, which is really a sham, since all new handguns are required to have microstamping, if you're LE, you're exempt from the roster, and something as simple as a design change from stamped to MIM parts is considered a significant alteration by the CA DOJ requiring re-testing and all current roster regulations are applied. That means if a gen3 g19 changes frame color, that's a new design, and requires microstamping. :P
    That's pure stupidity. That's CA. You've got my deepest sympathy.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Lol, as someone once said, "Only in CA do firearms owners need to know the law like a lawyer, while the courts and LE do not." If we don't know the intricacies, it means getting arrested and spending time and money to fix it in court. But for the masses..."OMG, a gun!" and off you go. Kinda like being a DV spouse sometimes, we cheer when we get beat 4 times in the face instead of 5.

All things considered, better than MD and NY though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haiedras View Post
    Lol, as someone once said, "Only in CA do firearms owners need to know the law like a lawyer, while the courts and LE do not." If we don't know the intricacies, it means getting arrested and spending time and money to fix it in court. But for the masses..."OMG, a gun!" and off you go. Kinda like being a DV spouse sometimes, we cheer when we get beat 4 times in the face instead of 5.

All things considered, better than MD and NY though.
    That was a pretty great analogy. I lol'd.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    In your case, I'd get a spare VP9 and if it's allowed and I didn't already have one, an AR pistol with the Sig arm brace
    I would get a spare VP9 as well if its going to be you EDC.

Feedback Score
    If I could only have two, and one had to be an HK: P2000sk in 9mm.

The other pistol would either be a Sig P220 Carry or Colt Commander. Like you, I'm in CA and have to deal with asinine restrictions. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You would be a two gun Charlie
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast