Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New car buying dilemma. Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I agree. The lack of a manual option is a killer for me. The lease on my Mazda3 is up in March and I am in the same boat.

Having the WS6 it's a little different tho, If I want to scare myself I can just drive that. Otherwise I needed a sh*t box to get me to and from work.

The new Mazda 6 is a very nice looking car for sure. Judging by the 5spd in my 3, it is one of the better shifters I have used. Sure it is still a little sloppy, but not as bad as my '96 Maxima or my friends '02 Elontra was. Those cars you did not know if you were in 5th or 1st. Is it as positive feeling as my TA? Absolutely not. But its better than most imports. For me, shifter feel is a big factor. I test drove an Impreza wagon and the shifter was crap. Even though its only a daily driver, I still like to power shift it at WOT and heel toe into the corner lol. Mistaking 1st for 3rd would suck!

My vote is for the Mazda 6

We have a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv with the 6-speed manual. Love the car for what it is. Not a sports car by any means but its still reasonably fun for a small 4 door. No issues with it yet after 31k miles.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ok

Well all said and done I went with the accord sport. I picked it up this evening and I'm loving it so far. I was able to take advantage the college graduate program they were running too so that netted me an extra $500 off, so bonus.

I appreciate everyone's advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You cant go wrong with an Accord. Those Sport models look sharp and I hear they are nice to drive as well.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriviaMonster View Post
    The Mazda obviously. Its by far the best driving of the three. But leasing is a financial black hole and thus I cannot support any decision.
    This. I prefer to buy older, used, cash or able to be paid off in a year, maintain and drive into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I agree. The lack of a manual option is a killer for me. The lease on my Mazda3 is up in March and I am in the same boat.

Having the WS6 it's a little different tho, If I want to scare myself I can just drive that. Otherwise I needed a sh*t box to get me to and from work.

The new Mazda 6 is a very nice looking car for sure. Judging by the 5spd in my 3, it is one of the better shifters I have used. Sure it is still a little sloppy, but not as bad as my '96 Maxima or my friends '02 Elontra was. Those cars you did not know if you were in 5th or 1st. Is it as positive feeling as my TA? Absolutely not. But its better than most imports. For me, shifter feel is a big factor. I test drove an Impreza wagon and the shifter was crap. Even though its only a daily driver, I still like to power shift it at WOT and heel toe into the corner lol. Mistaking 1st for 3rd would suck!

My vote is for the Mazda 6
    My 96 Maxima was great once I added a Stillen STS and Unorthodox Racing Ceramic clutch and super lightweight flywheel (25% of stock) revved great. I didn't drive that one into the ground but a telephone pole
    Last edited by Caeser25; 09-04-14 at 15:58.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Yep...nothing says, "I failed Economics 101" more than leasing a car. Total rip-off.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Yep...nothing says, "I failed Economics 101" more than leasing a car. Total rip-off.

-brickboy240
    I appreciate the constructive input since this thread has nothing to do with the efficacy of leasing or purchasing.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-04-14 at 16:23.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345