Thread: My blaster

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My blaster

Got my reconfigured rifle set up today with the BCM KMR-13 and Griffin Armament Tac Comp. I've been running the BCM KMR on my other AR set up as my "ideal" DMR rifle and the more I used it the more it just made sense to get another one to keep things consistent between both platforms. The intent of this rifle has always been to serve as a back up gun for the DMR rifle but also use it for 2-Gun and other carbine competitions that I might find myself in in the near future.

Upper:
    BCM Blem Upper
    BCM Gunfighter CH
    WOA Stainless 16" ML .223 Wylde
    WOA Matched Bolt
    CMT BCG
    YHM Lo Pro Gas Block
    Griffin Armament Tactical Compensator
    BCM KMR-13
    Magpul MBUS Gen II sights
    Aimpoint CompM and QRP-2 Mount

Lower:
    AeroPrecision Forged Lower
    Rainier Arms Milspec Receiver Extension
    Stag LPK
    ALG Quality Milspec Trigger
    Magpul BAD Lever
    Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
    Magpul CTR Stock

Most of the parts have been proven on my other rifle, the WOA barrel used to be on my DMR gun but I switched it out for a heavier contour and sent the BCG along with it. It's been an excellent barrel over the years so I'm just going to shoot this one out before I get something else in the chrome lined or nitrided flavor. The GA comp has been excellent on my DMR rifle in keeping the muzzle level and reducing recoil while not being overly obnoxious like some comps and brakes. The ALG trigger is pretty good a definite improvement over the Stag trigger that I originally had in the gun. I ran it fine at the last 2-Gun match but I think before it's all said and done I'm going to upgrade to an SSA or another SSA-E like I have in my DMR, love those triggers.

The Aimpoint is an old CompM that I traded some extra AR parts for when my cousin was putting together his rifle. Despite its age it's been a very reliable set up with the QRP-2 mount but it was never intended to be a permanent part of the rifle. I'm looking to upgrade it soon to either the EXPS2-0 for the EO Tech reticle or an Aimpoint Micro H-1 for the weight savings but haven't made up my mind yet. There's an equal chance I could say the heck with it and go with a low powered variable too.

I've got this thing just about perfect I think.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All that and no pic?

It's showing now, my apologies op.
    Last edited by Airhasz; 08-31-14 at 23:59.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Pic is showing up on my computer monitor?

Nice blaster. *Thumbs Up* How's the control on the muzzle with the comp?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The comp works very well, here's a video of me running my DMR through a some 2x2x2 and box drills trying out the new offset sights but it also has the same Griffin Armament comp. Granted this rifle is a little heavier because of the barrel and optic but I think it will just as effective on the lighter weight gun.

Overall I've been very happy with the Griffin Armament products, they offer a lot of bang for the buck.