Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The GSR Ruger should have made from the start.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

The GSR Ruger should have made from the start.

http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsit...le/models.html

Synthetic stock, new muzzle break (meh) and included thread protector.

If I didn't already have one, I would jump on the stainless model, being a son of the Northwest.

Hopefully the stock will be available for purchase. I wouldn't mind shaving .75lbs off my GSR if the price is fair.
    Last edited by AZ-Renegade; 12-17-14 at 10:03.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks for the headsup.

Feedback Score
    I would like to see 3 things:
    -Lose the AICS mags which cost $70-$80 a piece in favor of AR10 or even M14 mags
    -Lose the scout rail mount or actually put a stripper clip point in the receiver so it makes sense to use the scout mount
    -Lower price without it being cheaper

In spite of these things I perceive as flaws I would still like to buy one...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree. This is how the Scout Rifle should have been made from the beginning. I'd like to see them replace the AI mag with the Ruger plastic mag and adjust the price accordingly. I will also be looking for the synthetic stock to hit the aftermarket.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I will tell you what would have really excited me. Build it with the synthetic stock from the start as the OP said, and have it use these:

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG290/PMAG

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG291/PMAG

I would have probably bought one of them in that configuration. I like the idea of being able to use stripper clips as well. I grew up shooting my grandfather's Springfield 1903A3, and appreciated that feature.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Man the price has gone up on these. I paid $750 for mine. I actually like the laminate stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    -Lose the AICS mags which cost $70-$80 a piece in favor of AR10 or even M14 mags - AICS mag clones can be had as low as the mid $60s and are available everywhere. They are, like it or not, the standard. AR10 and M14 mags: not the standard
    -Lose the scout rail mount or actually put a stripper clip point in the receiver so it makes sense to use the scout mount - What is the point of a stripper clip when you have a detachable magazine?
    -Lower price without it being cheaper - show them how.

FIFY.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would l remove the brake and use a plain FH. You will see a dealer camo pattern special soon. Machine the receiver to accept the rear scope ring and a flip rear, no need for the long rail to maintain irons with rear mounted scope. Oh-QD points front and rear with insert up front for light mount-or even bushings to direct mount a Scout light (screws from inside of stock right into light base) Advantage, no protruding screws, disadvantage"semi permanent") Holy crap, that just slipped into my mind!(light mount)
    Another option is to make a cap, integral or insert to the stock end, lines to appear as part of structure, then that would have a user configurable option to insert a rail, left right or bottom. The unused spots would have inserts or caps to keep the appearance of a full stock, we're not talking ati junk here. Bottom line-the stock wouldn't look any different until you saw it up close.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    -Lose the AICS mags which cost $70-$80 a piece in favor of AR10 or even M14 mags - AICS mag clones can be had as low as the mid $60s and are available everywhere. They are, like it or not, the standard. AR10 and M14 mags: not the standard
    -Lose the scout rail mount or actually put a stripper clip point in the receiver so it makes sense to use the scout mount - What is the point of a stripper clip when you have a detachable magazine?
    -Lower price without it being cheaper - show them how.

FIFY.

The theory of one magazine and just having clip to top off the mag. I believe that was the doctrine with the Enfield series. This of course would need to be with the M14 magazine as the AICS, Magpul mag are not top loadable. Ruger advises not to top load the plastic mag on a regular basis. I agree, keep the AI mag, even the supplied Accurate Mag works fine, no issues with mine.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    I paid $750 for mine.
    Ruger MSRP is typically much higher than retail. MSRP was somewhere between $900-$1000 when I paid $725 for mine when they were first released.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast