Thread: The twins -OR- I like my rifles like I my women...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The twins -OR- I like my rifles like I my women...

I built these 5-6 months ago I think (I've lost track of time). Recently someone on this forum asked me for pics. Well, I decided to post pics here too. I've got about 500 rounds through each of these to zero and test for reliability. They shoot great.

I picked some of my favorite parts based on other builds I've done. These rifles are not completely configured yet, they will be getting Keymod rail panels (not sure which yet) and lights (haven't decided on those either). One will get a T-1 (or T-2).

I built these to be highly reliable and I've been very pleased so far. I didn't want them to be too heavy so I put the weight in the most important places, the upper and barrel. I went with a sort of medium profile barrel that uses a pretty straight profile from front to rear and still weighs about the same as a USGI barrel rather than going with a light weight barrel. I also went with a little beefier forged upper receiver.

I also wanted a nice quality lower and I am partial to the newer generation (2 & 3) Noveske lowers. I also wanted a trigger that is smoother than a GI and aids in longer range shots.

To offset the heavier upper receiver and barrel I went with the amazingly light KMR rail.

Lower
    - Noveske Gen 2
    - Daniel Defense LPK
    - Geissele SSA trigger
    - (1) BAD-ASS Selector, The other is DD
    - LMT Receiver Extension
    - H2 Buffer from BCM
    - Blue buffer spring from SpringCo (setup works great)
    - Grip Moe+ and ERGO (I going to replace the ERGO)
    - Noveske QD end plate

Upper
    - Vltor MUR
    - BCM BCG
    - Noveske CHF 16" Middy. One pinned Noveske low gas block, the other pinned shaved standard GB
    - BattleComp
    - BCM KMR 13 with BCM keymod QD mount
    - BCM mod 4 CH
    - Troy BUIS

Optics
    - Trijicon TR24R
    - Bobro mount
    The other will get a T-2 (or T-1)
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 09-01-14 at 22:23.