Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My project on RocketHub

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

My project on RocketHub

Hey guys, thought I would post my project up on here. If this isn't kosher I can take it down, just let me know.

Those of you that are also on 68forums may have seen these already, maybe not. I'll give you all a quick rundown of what it is, and how it works. A little over a year ago I set out to make a low profile brass catcher. Main uses would be hunting and range trips. Those of you that reload know how annoying it can be to pick up all your brass after a range trip, or digging for it out in the bush when you're hunting. I shoot my 6.8 more than anything else and save all of my brass. While the price is coming down, it's no where near as cheap as 5.56 brass. I wanted something that was low profile, easy to put on and off, and could hold at least 30 rounds. After some brainstorming and messing around with stuff I came up with a design, which can be seen below.

There are already a few of these in circulation, and reviews can be found on the 68forum. I will post a link when I can so that people do'nt have to search for it, and maybe some of the people that already have one will post up their review here.

Up until this point all of my mounts have been hand made. This leaves great variation between each one, none are the exact same. My goal is to mass produce these brass catchers, and doing so there is NO way I'll be able to hand make all of the mounts. What will I do? I'm going to get an injection mold made! The problem: molds are very expensive! (At least for me it is.) The solution: put my project on RocketHub and expose it to the nation!

If I can get my project funded I will be able to produce a high quality product that is the exact same, every time! I'll be able to hopefully distribute my product across the nation to be sold in gun stores nation wide. If you wouldn't mind taking a minute and at least checking it out, that would be greatly appreciated!

Click here to check it out!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Video of a prototype in use.

Last edited by jmnielsen; 09-01-14 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    If I donate and you dont reach your goal, what happens to my money?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    If I donate and you dont reach your goal, what happens to my money?
    I'm going to make it happen whether I reach my goal or not, so no matter what you will get what you paid for.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    And whats the ETA?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    And whats the ETA?
    Middle to end of November

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've had a few people ask me if these will work with large frame ARs and the answer is yes, they will. Bag capacity will be less (obviously) with larger rounds but will work fine.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That is pretty neat!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Would the heat from a hot rail and weight of the bagged brass have any effect on the gripping power on the formed kydex snap on mount over time ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Would the heat from a hot rail and weight of the bagged brass have any effect on the gripping power on the formed kydex snap on mount over time ?
    Theoretically yes, however I have not run into that issue and I have been at the range on some hot days and done quite a bit of shooting on those days. The mounts will no longer be kydex though, that's why I'm doing this rocket hub thing. So that I can have the mounts injection molded.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's generated a lot of interest, only 5 funders though. Anyone have any questions/comments/criticism?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast