Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armour Wear?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Armour Wear?

Home page :http://armour-wear.com/
    Product: http://armour-wear.com/hard-panels/1...lvl-3plus.html

I've never heard of them but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with using/testing them.

I was thinking about replacing my Gammas with something new with a multi-curve and maybe drop a little weight in the process. Under $200 per for 3+ stand alone plates with a multi curve and a weight under 4lbs.
    I'm generally leery about new companies or companies I've never heard of but unless I'm missing something these seem worth a look.

Take a look at the testing vids they have on the product description for the 3+ and see what you think. If I remember it took like 24 or so rounds including greentip, 30-06, 300blk, and 7.62. Quite a bit of deformation after 20+ rounds but no penetration. Take a look and see what you think.

Someone talk me out of it.
    Last edited by HaydenB; 09-01-14 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Those friggin plates are FAT. Goodness! I'm looking at a set of plates soon too. I like the weight and price of those, but way too much bulk for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Doesn't Grey Ghost have some newer ones out at a really good price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those friggin plates are FAT. Goodness! I'm looking at a set of plates soon too. I like the weight and price of those, but way too much bulk for me.
    1" so they are the same as the TAP gamma plates that I'm already using so that's not a huge deal for me. Especially with the better curve profile of the AW plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Doesn't Grey Ghost have some newer ones out at a really good price?

I just checked on their site and their 3+ multi curve was $438 per and 1/10th of an inch thicker than the Armour Wear plate. They do have a level IV that is $181 but is only a single curve and weighs 8.1lbs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    1" so they are the same as the TAP gamma plates that I'm already using so that's not a huge deal for me. Especially with the better curve profile of the AW plates.
    Yeah.. They look thicker than 1". I run a Mayflower carrier with 3A soft panels... so I'm going to run a pair of the Bulletproof me ceramics to shave some bulk down.

If I was running stand alone plates, I'd be less hesitant.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe. I'll just have to buy some and see. I'll check the thickness with some calipers when they come in.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot... I'd love to try a few different options in my carrier to see just what is the best balance of bulk and weight reduction.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Shoot... I'd love to try a few different options in my carrier to see just what is the best balance of bulk and weight reduction.
    That would make a sweet thread.

I just had a crazy idea; I'm going to email them and ask for a caliper measurement of the plate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I just got an email reply and they used to use a foam backer and that was the version that was in the video. The old foam version was over an inch and the new version without the backer is just under an inch. Which makes sense because I've watched some very recent reviews and it looks much thinner than the plate in the testing vid on their site.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm really tempted to buy a set of their Level 4 plates, but I'd like to find some reviews from a trusted source first. Their YouTube video was definitely impressive.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast