Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Armour Wear?

Feedback Score
    For the record, I contacted Armor Wear and got proof their products are NIJ certified. I'm looking at these as well and will pick up a set in the next six months. Owner offered to discuss my needs but due to having to make a two hour trip to the VA for crutches I couldn't talk with him by phone. I'm impressed by the products and the service for what that matters. Now I'll go back to reading.
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Then how come they don't show up on the NIJ website?

Their website says tested to standards ... not certified. Can you clarify? And "III+" isn't an official NIJ classification, AFAIK. Just III, IIIa, IV.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I want some of their underwear.

Feedback Score
    @ $100+ a piece sounds very much worth it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post

Their website says tested to standards ... not certified. Can you clarify? And "III+" isn't an official NIJ classification, AFAIK. Just III, IIIa, IV.
    Wow! Good catch and I stand corrected as I misread the info I received. It was tested but is not certified! Thanks and sorry it took so long to notice(necropost due to working through a surgery). I think I'll pass. I want and need certification for my purposes! Again good catch by Caduceus as I posted incorrectly. Shame too I was set to drop some coin but I have to keep looking.
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Any updates from folks that have received gear/plates from Armour Wear?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Curious too. At TOS there are several posters touting this company but I still haven't seen proof of certification. I'll be more than willing to shut up and buy if it's a reputable product.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    At TOS there are several posters touting this company
    That's a BIG red flag right there....

Armour Wear could get rich with a "LARD CUT" plate for those goofballs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I emailed them and they sent a copy of the NIJ for their level IV plate with in a few hours. When I called and asked the point behind the III+ was that it was rated at level III (I haven't asked for that cert) plus in their testing (see youtube) it took abuse far beyond simply level III+. I'm not a rep or anything but when I called they were great to talk with and sent the level IV cert fast. I'm planning on picking up some plates post christmas bank account abuse from them. I'll send them an email with this thread maybe they can chime in.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Armour Wear is local to me, the video on the Level 3+ plates, weight and price have me eyeing these plates. Anyone get their plates yet?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast