Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolff vs ISMI Glock

Feedback Score

Wolff vs ISMI Glock

Basically I ended up with a lonewolf frame, 23 slide, and KKM 40-9 bbl. So the question ISMI VS Wolff and spring weight?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shrug.

It will depend on your load and what you like.

Between the two, you will get a billion and seven different opinions as to which is better or which feels better.

For the longest time i shot wolf 14lb springs simply because ISMI didnt make a 14 pounder. If i had wanted to lighter i would have gone with an ISMI. There are plenty of debates about round wire versus flat wire so if you want to read about the differences, simply google.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I was thinking captured vs uncaptured I mainly shoot 115/124 factory reman or my carry ammo hst 124+p

Feedback Score
    Stupid question but in my search for answers I found the factory 19 recoil spring to be 18# is there a reason I would run a 14#?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tuning the recoil impulse to your grip strength and technique.

This video sums the concept up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3UVLm2GajI
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I've used both and I like factory Glock springs.

I have a 19 in the safe with a Wolff guiderod and factory weight spring that has maybe 300 rounds on it and it barely holds itself in battery.

Feedback Score
    The only reason I bring this up is the gentleman at kkm recommended Wolff 14# I've been running an ismi I don't even know the # for awhile now in my 19 and it seems to work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Most people running KKM barrels are probably shooting competitively and 13 to 14lb springs tend to be the norm for most guys running the guns in a gaming setting.

Feedback Score
    Understood, for some reason the video doesn't seem to want to play. I will primarily be using this for carry if it works properly.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Stick to 15 or 16 lb springs then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast