Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ATPIAL-C

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I would love to see a comparison between this and the DBAL-D2. Wish it came in a green diode.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrullon87 View Post
    I would love to see a comparison between this and the DBAL-D2. Wish it came in a green diode.
    Not sure it would be much of a comparison. The D2 is uses a high power IR LED (which can be seen naked eye from the emitter) with an effective range of 800 yards, while the ATPIAL-C is a true laser system (basically non-visible from the emitter) with a fixed IR Lum out to 150 yards. Vis and IR laser pointers on both units are the same power.

Vic
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply Vic. I just personally find it quicker to pick up the green laser over the red. Buddy of mine has the i2 in red and ive got a D2 in green. The D2 under NVG lights up an area amazingly well, love it. But I like how close to the rail the ATPIAL sits though since the D2 is pretty bulky. May pick one up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Not sure it would be much of a comparison. The D2 is uses a high power IR LED (which can be seen naked eye from the emitter) with an effective range of 800 yards, while the ATPIAL-C is a true laser system (basically non-visible from the emitter) with a fixed IR Lum out to 150 yards. Vis and IR laser pointers on both units are the same power.

Vic
    Vic, why is the illuminatior on the atpial-c fixed and not adjustable like the full power model?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have these started shipping? How are folks liking them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    From TNVC's Facebook the other day

We have been receiving a few phone calls about the shipping time frame of the ATPIAL-C lasers. Yesterday we were given a firm update from L3. I felt the need to address this and post it publicly, that way, everyone can be better informed and on the same page. As always, we want to give info to our customer’s and tell it like it is, as it is told to us.

We were expecting to take receipt of the first batch of the ATPIAL-C mid-November. This is exactly how it was laid out to us from L3. Things happen, and there were some delays, which I was honestly expecting. Things got pushed to what we thought would be late November/ early December. I was sincerely hoping to take receipt of the first shipment this week seeing as how we have had many customers anxious to receive them. Presently, the ATPIAL-C’s are in their required final phase of testing at Insights factory. Upon completion, they will ship. The new status is, the first batch of ATPIAL-C’s are to be shipped to us directly on December 12. We understand that this is upsetting to most of our customers. Please understand, we have done everything on our side to ensure we can expedite this as much as possible.

L3 is a company that prides themselves on quality products, and they have the reputation to prove it. Therefore, the testing that occurs with each and every unit before it heads out the door is something that not everyone can understand or side with. Production delays are a setback that are tricky to work around. I don’t particularly care for them, however, that’s the way quality products work sometimes, and the ATPIAL-C being a Mil-Spec product, directly produced and taken from their Mil-Spec ATPIAL PEQ-15 assembly line, it’s no surprise the extensive testing these units are undergoing.

As for the second phase of the ATPIAL-C’s, they are expected to be shipped to use before the end of the year.

The excitement for the release of the ATPIAL-C is astronomical, with good reason. This is an industry first, and there is nothing else like it on the market. We want to thank each and every one of our customers for their orders, and patronage. The ATPIAL-C program was made possible, not by us, not by L3/Insight, but by our loyal customers, who continue to push us to constantly change and innovate the night vision market.

For the complications, and for the wait, we have decided to include a Telluric Group IR Laser Zero Target with every ATPIAL-C, when they begin shipping.
    http://tnvc.com/shop/telluric-group-...-zero-targets/

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience in the delay. We are eager to get them in our hands as well. If you guys have any questions, feel free to contact us here, via phone, email or any of our other social media avenues.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Guess that answers it. Some lucky folks will have a nice Xmas gift

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Got mine today! Kudos to FedEx...A DAY EARLY! I'll try to do up a quick review/report but gave lie personal expectations due to the holiday.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Any consensus on how this is stacking up? Been looking at it hard as an option but not much out there yet.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    I'm rather torn between this and the Wilcox RATPAR which seems to have all of the same features with the added bonus of a Surefire visible flashlight.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast