After I built my precision rifle, I caught the AR-15 building disease, ya know, the one that drains your checking account.

Anyway, it all started at my local gun shop. He was having a great sale, and I decided to run over there and pick up a lower just for the heck of it. I had no idea what it would turn into, I just wanted a project that I could work on and just keep my busy every now and then. I just wanted to buy a few pieces at a time. Well that 1 lower turned into 2. Now I had 2 guns to work on!

So, I came here and asked around about what I should do with these 2. I was originally thinking that I would make them identical, one for me and one for the lady for training and self defense. I wanted them to be light and simple. After thinking about that a while longer, I decided not to go that route but I did keep with the lightweight idea. I didn't want to have all of the same attributes in 2 weapons. My focus shifted to truck gun/beater for one and very lightweight for the other. For the truck gun I wanted a FSB with MOE forend and an ALG EMR or BCM KMR for the other.

I had it figured out, I just wanted to get the lowers completely finished before I moved on. I finished them out with Umbrella LPKs with the QMS(after 3 weeks of fighting with Palmetto about them shipping my LPK's. Canceled that and moved on to better things. Never again will they receive a single cent from me), Rainier buffer assemblies, and B5 Sopmod Bravos. I loved the feel of the Grip 23 and Bravo on my DD upper. I wanted a good cheek weld but I didn't want all of the bulk that comes with it like on most stocks, plus they are pretty light. The angle on the Grip 23 was strange at first. I was really accustomed to the MOE but I love it now!

I researched and researched barrels day and night looking for something to fit my needs. Sionics really caught my attention for being affordable, quality, and praised barrels. I bought my two BCM uppers from G&R and planned on ordering my 2 barrels the next month.

That's when BCM posted that they would offering a BCG and Comp on their 16" uppers. It was all down hill. I never planned on completing the rifles that fast, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it would save me money and get me a quality product already assembled and ready to go. I sold the two stripped uppers for a SSA-E and dropped that in my precision rifle.

I placed my order for 2 BCM uppers: 16" ELW-F with KMR, GFCH MOD 4 and a 16" BFH LW with FSB, GFCH MOD 4 and MOE forend.

I got them in, pinned them up and did a quick functions check to see how they performed. I only ran 20 rounds through each of them to see how the comp and everything felt. I didn't have any sights so I didn't want to waste too much ammunition. I love the comp, in few rounds I got to touch off I noticed how it kept the muzzle flat and stable. I'm running an H buffer so recoil was normal, nothing too exciting there.

So that brings me to today, I just got my sights in after I ordered them on SKD's Labor Day sale. I went with DD fixed sights on both. I loved the idea of always having the sights up and ready to go. When I had my EOTECH on my DD, I always kept my Troys up, so I knew what I was getting into. I just mounted them up and my initial impressions are good. I haven't used irons a whole lot on my AR's, I usually install them, sight them in, and then hit the button on the red dot and never touch them again. I really want to try my hand at using the irons as my primary for a while because my truck gun is probably going to stay irons only for the foreseeable future.

For right now I just have pictures and no real range experience with them. Classes just started for me 2 weeks ago, so I don't know when I'll be able to get out and really burn some powder. I'll get there slowly but surely.

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll hit the KMR rifle with some chocolate paint like Jax this weekend, I love how his rifles look.