Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Tactical Systems AR-15 Polymer Magazines?

Feedback Score

Elite Tactical Systems AR-15 Polymer Magazines?

I don't know if plouffedaddy posted his review yet but here is the youtube link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3XT6S5GbI.

I've never heard of these and I looked up the company name here with no results. The drop test in the video with a fully loaded mag on the feed lips looked promising. I didn't see much if any damage from the drops. The only features I didn't like were the much larger baseplate and the raised ribs. So has anybody here heard of them, use them, or have any info?
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    We have a couple floating around the shop here. They look fine, I have only fired a few magazines worth of ammo through them, but they functioned just fine as well. They are noticeably more flexible than a P-MAG. I don't know if that is good... or bad over the long term.

Founder and co-owner/operator at 2A-Armament

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist View Post
    They are noticeably more flexible than a P-MAG. I don't know if that is good... or bad over the long term.
    That's what always bugged me about Lancer mags. Not that it was a problem... just didn't inspire confidence in the mag.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I subscribed to their yt channel just to see if I might see some manufacturing or other testing videos and they uploaded a new video of them dropping it twenty feet or something. Maybe the flex is so they don't snap but give a little. I remember reading something about blade-making being about hardness vs flexibility. Too hard (stiff) and the steel cracks, too flexible (soft) and it won't hold an edge. I also don't remember seeing a Lancer mag in the video, I wonder if the Lancer performed similarly?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mastiffhound View Post
    I subscribed to their yt channel just to see if I might see some manufacturing or other testing videos and they uploaded a new video of them dropping it twenty feet or something. Maybe the flex is so they don't snap but give a little. I remember reading something about blade-making being about hardness vs flexibility. Too hard (stiff) and the steel cracks, too flexible (soft) and it won't hold an edge. I also don't remember seeing a Lancer mag in the video, I wonder if the Lancer performed similarly?
    We shot that drop test video (The 6 foot one) quite a long time ago and at the time, we couldn't get our hands on any Lancers. But I want to be the first to say that we have drop tested Lancers since then and they won't break from a 6 foot drop. There is a point above that where the steel feedlip bends, but we didn't want to make a video with that because we felt it would look like we were picking on the Lancer.

The Lancer is a tough mag and certainly in a different league as far as toughness when compared to typical glass re-enforced nylon ar mags.

PS. I know some people will look at us dropping our mag from 20 feet and say that is pointless overkill, and it kind of is. But we have gotten so many questions/comments in the past couple of months about how there is no way our plastic feedlips could be as tough as Lancers. So we decided to make a video and show everyone just how tough our mag is. It's in a league all it's own. I guess because our mag is clear the comparisons are inevitable, but I have a lot of respect for the Lancer mag and we welcome anyone to compare us to them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    We shot that drop test video (The 6 foot one) quite a long time ago and at the time, we couldn't get our hands on any Lancers. But I want to be the first to say that we have drop tested Lancers since then and they won't break from a 6 foot drop. There is a point above that where the steel feedlip bends, but we didn't want to make a video with that because we felt it would look like we were picking on the Lancer.

The Lancer is a tough mag and certainly in a different league as far as toughness when compared to typical glass re-enforced nylon ar mags.

PS. I know some people will look at us dropping our mag from 20 feet and say that is pointless overkill, and it kind of is. But we have gotten so many questions/comments in the past couple of months about how there is no way our plastic feedlips could be as tough as Lancers. So we decided to make a video and show everyone just how tough our mag is. It's in a league all it's own. I guess because our mag is clear the comparisons are inevitable, but I have a lot of respect for the Lancer mag and we welcome anyone to compare us to them.
    Thanks for the reply. Have you done any testing as far as UV/sunlight causing bleaching or weakening of the polymer? Also, it's customary here to put your company name/affiliation in your signature line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mastiffhound View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Have you done any testing as far as UV/sunlight causing bleaching or weakening of the polymer? Also, it's customary here to put your company name/affiliation in your signature line.
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but I looked all over my account and could not find where I put in a signature......can you point me in the right direction?

As far as the polymer, we have spent over a year and a half tweaking, testing, and getting it just right. There have been numerous chemical, environmental, and UV tests (among others). The plastic had to meet several requirements as far as these criteria are concerned, but it ended up far exceeding our expectations. UV did not effect the plastic. The lab noted that plastic was virtually unaffected. I think they exposed it to 10,000 hours of UV....like 416 days. Once they finished that test, they then measured it's physical properties and found the plastic retained over 99% of it's impact resistance and tensile strength. So I would call it gtg as far as UV.

One other noteworthy characteristic of the plastic is it's thermal stability. It easily survived a 6 foot fully loaded drop on concrete at -40* F. We also left the mag fully loaded for a couple of weeks at 200*F to make sure the plastic wouldn't get soft and spit rounds out....it had no problems at that low of a temperature (it doesn't melt until over 700*F).

Disclaimer: I work for ETS Group, the manufacturer of these mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but I looked all over my account and could not find where I put in a signature......can you point me in the right direction?
    PM Sent with instructions for editing signature.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ETS group, would like to check these out when time allows. Do you do all sales or have retail sales markets?

Just like to mess with new equipment and form my own opinions. PM me if this is against site rules.
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    About the Lancers....Ive used the five I got free when I bought my LMT several years ago. I was LEERY of them to say the least, but you know, they have been 100% for me. They are the 1st Gen, I guess youd call them.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast