Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Elite Tactical Systems AR-15 Polymer Magazines?

Feedback Score
    Hello All,
    When we designed our mags there was a good reason we made the button on the bottom the shape of a 5.56 round (besides it looking cool). That reason is our Rapid Recognition System, different colors of followers and base inserts so you can differentiate your mags with a quick glance. We are working on getting these items put up for sale. MSRP will be $6.99 for a set of 4 (4 followers + 4 base inserts). They will be available in blue, green, red, orange, yellow, black, and pink. No need to tape, paint, or otherwise mark your mags for different loads/uses.

Plus, with our see through housing you will be able to see your colors from any angle!
    www.ETSgroup.us

Below are some pics....

Product Development - Elite Tactical Systems Group

Feedback Score
    It seems that Magpul has filed suit against ETS? : http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ical-systems/#

I just don't see it, what makes it anything like a Pmag? When I first saw these "Look, another Pmag clone" didn't even cross my mind. Now Tapco and Promag? Sure as $hit theirs look exactly like Pmags, and more than just at first glace. They both seem to have purposely made theirs to look almost exact. I keep looking at the ETS mags and I just can't figure out what it is that says Pmag? Maybe someone else can figure it out?
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only thing that seemed a little similar to me was the cover over the feed lips. I could maybe see it being argued that the cover is modeled after the PMAG version, since it hooks over the front in a similar manner, but the rear locking latch is different (I prefer the PMAG latch, personally). Other than that, I agree that it doesn't seem to be that close. I'll think I'll order a few more while I'm thinking about it...

Dave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastiffhound View Post
    It seems that Magpul has filed suit against ETS? : http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ical-systems/#
    I really hope that's not true.

I've been finger banging these mags for a few weeks now, and there's NOT ONE characteristic that I see and say... Hey... that's just like the Pmag.

Not even the mag cover is close enough in function to call it anything other than ETS's design.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I really hope that's not true.

I've been finger banging these mags for a few weeks now, and there's NOT ONE characteristic that I see and say... Hey... that's just like the Pmag.

Not even the mag cover is close enough in function to call it anything other than ETS's design.
    Patents can cover more than appearance and outward design. i havent had time to read through the patents in question but i wouldnt be at all surprised to learn that some cover the internal and external geometry of the magazine/follower and the relationship thereof.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    Patents can cover more than appearance and outward design. i havent had time to read through the patents in question but i wouldnt be at all surprised to learn that some cover the internal and external geometry of the magazine/follower and the relationship thereof.
    I'm not qualified to make that call. But at a basic level, the follower, body, and base plate designs are pretty different.

Maybe someone impartial can clarify, because I can't see it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I simply do not see Richard and Drake just up and deciding to sue, unless they felt that someone was somehow infringing on their IP. They were the "little guy" once too...
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I would hope not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I would hope not.
    Hello Everyone,

Just so it doesn't look like we are avoiding talking about it, we really can't speak about the lawsuit at this point because we just don't have enough info at this time.

Thanks for everyone's support and kind words. It really means a lot to us...
    Product Development - Elite Tactical Systems Group

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast