Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Tactical Systems AR-15 Polymer Magazines?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Well what we are looking for is a mag with either no internal rib or a very small one so we can load rounds out longer. The problem with the .223 mags is that we have to end up loading short, basically where the OGIVE measure .250 it touches the rib, this is the same measurement as the case mouth on .223. The case mouth rides on that rib for .223, the bullet rides the rib for 300BLK. We would like to be able to seat stuff like 208g AMAX or 220g SMK's out to mag length, but its not possible. Im seating 208g AMAX's to 2.120 which is DANG short for that bullet. They run great and have decent accuracy, but the jump to the lands is REALLLLLY long. A few guys are shaving down ribs on Pmags or cutting them out completely on GI mags and can load long with no feeding issues.
    I get what you are saying. Since that is not an easy measurement to get in the "real world" I can take it on the CAD model for you. Do you want to know where the rib starts to transitions out of the side of the mag, or where it reaches full height?
    Product Development - Elite Tactical Systems Group

Feedback Score
    Never mind my question....

Here is what I think you need to know. Our rib is .060" in height from the wall. It starts 1.64" from the back wall of the mag. I hope that helps. If you end up getting one of our mags to try please post back and let me know if it works for the loads you are trying.
    Product Development - Elite Tactical Systems Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    Never mind my question....

Here is what I think you need to know. Our rib is .060" in height from the wall. It starts 1.64" from the back wall of the mag. I hope that helps. If you end up getting one of our mags to try please post back and let me know if it works for the loads you are trying.
    yea it should, in theory, be in the same place as the GI mag, its the height that screws us. I will probably grab a few to test out with some dummy rounds loaded long and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm TDY out in Dayton, OH and noticed that a local shop is carrying these magazines, so I thought I'd pick up a couple to try them out. Unfortunately the place is charging $22.95 for them (MSRP is $19.99; they were also charging $35-$45 for Glock mags), so I'll be looking for them elsewhere...

Dave

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I'm TDY out in Dayton, OH and noticed that a local shop is carrying these magazines, so I thought I'd pick up a couple to try them out. Unfortunately the place is charging $22.95 for them (MSRP is $19.99;
    I'd have grabbed some. You're saving shipping costs, so their padded price isn't a big hit.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd have grabbed some.
    I really considered it, but there's another shop in town that's clearing out excess Gen 2 PMAGs for $10 cash, tax included ($12 for windows, $15 for 7.62s), so I figured I'd just go buy 4 more PMAGs and save some money. I'm in no rush to get these ETS mags.

Dave

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I hear you. With Magpul's economies of scale, it's tough for a mag like this to compete. I'm going to grab a few within the next couple of weeks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have a pair of these "clips" arriving today. Can't wait to try them out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn. These mags are much nicer than I had imagined. They're no where near as mushy as I thought they'd be (like lancer mags), and nowhere near as bulky as I thought they'd be (like those Tango Down mags.. anyone remember those?

I can't wait to run the piss out of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Damn. These mags are much nicer than I had imagined. They're no where near as mushy as I thought they'd be (like lancer mags), and nowhere near as bulky as I thought they'd be (like those Tango Down mags.. anyone remember those?

I can't wait to run the piss out of them.
    Awesome, thanks markm for taking one for the team. I had a couple Tango mags but never liked them and sold them to a buddy for $10 who needed a couple during a ban panic, he actually said (with a look of disdain) "beggars can't be choosers" when he got them in hand. Now I'm even more interested, where did you order your ETS mags from? I'm looking forward to some range time feedback.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast