Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Squats

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im taking a break from heavy squats. Started a 20 rep squat program last week, using the ss yoke bar. Last week i went light 185x20,15. Legs are still sore from wednesday. This week ill probably go to 195 or 200x20,15. Gonna do 4 weeks leading up to 225. Then switch back to regular bar and experiment with the carry over from the high rep stuff. Last time i did this my regular back squat shot up a lot.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    been running 4 Sets, 8 Reps post surgery for the last 60 days. Will be going back to 5x5 starting this week, and establishing a new max after the next 30 days. Then the real work begins.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Impressive. Do you find that low rep training gives you better results?
    I so crossfit and just follow their programming.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Was going to move up in 10lb increments each week, so was supposed to do 195x20 with the ss yoke bar, but i said ****it and went for 225x20 and grinded that bitch out. Happy i can still do that. BW down to 165, feelin small though. But 175 felt too smushy.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I've been getting myself into pistol squats this summer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yossarian42 View Post
    Was going to move up in 10lb increments each week, so was supposed to do 195x20 with the ss yoke bar, but i said ****it and went for 225x20 and grinded that bitch out. Happy i can still do that. BW down to 165, feelin small though. But 175 felt too smushy.

I'm looking to cut 10#, myself, but that's the way of it. You feel soft when you weigh more, and tiny when you weigh less. The only way I fixed this was to not care about "how big" I look anymore. My friends all tell me I'm big, but I feel myself to be small. Really, it doesn't matter one hill of beans, unless you are competing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I'm looking to cut 10#, myself, but that's the way of it. You feel soft when you weigh more, and tiny when you weigh less. The only way I fixed this was to not care about "how big" I look anymore. My friends all tell me I'm big, but I feel myself to be small. Really, it doesn't matter one hill of beans, unless you are competing.
    I dont mind being heavy most of the year, but not in summer. Weird thing is i wasnt trying to lose weight. Just a side effect of working longer hours and not having the time to eat as much. I expected to lose some weight but not 10lb.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yossarian42 View Post
    I dont mind being heavy most of the year, but not in summer. Weird thing is i wasnt trying to lose weight. Just a side effect of working longer hours and not having the time to eat as much. I expected to lose some weight but not 10lb.

Summer, winter, none of that matters to me. My mirror is the same every day. When I was ER, exclusively, at a rather busy hospital, it did cut me down a touch.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    I've been getting myself into pistol squats this summer.
    Pistol squats are great. Check out this variation, too. Does a great job of improving core strength, balance, and proprioception.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGmbRFkO9Su/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have been doing mostly Bulgarian split squats as multi joint lower body exercise as they are good for balance, hip mobility, glute activation (an issue that gets worse as we age) and spinal loading friendly. Honestly wish I'd "discovered" them as a movement to focus on a long time ago. Here's a good article with lots of vids and variations:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/bu...n-split-squats
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-29-16 at 11:43.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast