Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Squats

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I was wondering who puts a squat rack in their garage, but I saw you're in California Wes.

You would die doing that stuff here in Florida April-October. Literally die.
    I have mine in my garage. I live just north of Houston. It's horrible in summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I was wondering who puts a squat rack in their garage, but I saw you're in California Wes.

Mine is in the garage. I won't go out there without turning on the box fan though. Of course, we don't have the heat and humidity like the South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That is where mine is, Just did legs yesterday. I'm in the Tampa area.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Squats in a garage? I ran 5.5 miles today and it was 96 F and humid. The heat index was 102F. If you stay active as the seasons change your body will acclimate nicely.

Drink water. You'll be fine.
    Last edited by bp7178; 07-12-15 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I finally nailed my Squats tonight!! Yesterday I watched the Thrall video again, and something clicked. Today, there was depth
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I finally nailed my Squats tonight!! Yesterday I watched the Thrall video again, and something clicked. Today, there was depth
    Awesome, man. Did you do anything differently?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been trying Volume work at 80% of my Training Max, starting at 5 sets of 5 reps and adding 1 rep per set each week, so yesterday I was up to 5 sets at 9 reps. That gave me a lot opportunity to work on form. I found I was bending too far over, and breaking at the knees too late- in the vid Thrall criticized guys he sees doing that, and I was doing it too. That made it hard to keep the bar over the mid-foot, and threw my balance off. Keeping my eyes on a spot 8 feet in front of me on the ground also helped stop that.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Squats on a Sunday? Yes, sir.

The gf got in on the action as well.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth4lf View Post
    Squats on a Sunday? Yes, sir.

The gf got in on the action as well.

That's good form man. How do you like the adidas?
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    That's good form man. How do you like the adidas?
    Thanks.

I'm still getting used to them, really digging the added stability. Haven't used another brand of squat shoe to compare them to, unfortunately, but from what I understand the Adidas Adipower is a decent choice if you're willing to spend the coin.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast