Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: URX 4 vs. KMR

Feedback Score
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here is my URX 4 10.75" on a KAC SBR, expertly installed by Ayan, It just handles & feels great, No worries and no regrets.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boooomer96 View Post
    Do you have any firsthand experience with it?
    A bit.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I dont know if my search fu sucks or what but i cant find a single review on the urx. What im really lookin for here is a comparison between the urx and the kmr. This will be my first keymod handguard and i like the 45 degree options but the way the urx mounts is doesnt seem all that secure even though i know knights makes great stuff. Anyone have any experience with this? My problem with the kmr is the magnesium blend. I know people whined about the finished but im not worried about that, i wanna know about the strength and long lasting durability. I know its bcm and they also makes top notch stuff but does the kmr really hold up over long term abuse?
    I have both the URX4 and KMR. The URX4 is plenty strong and the whole thing is super rigid. It's also not coming off if installed properly. I will say that I like the KMR better though. The install is easier since the the URX makes installing the gas block more difficult due to the one-piece construction. Also, I find that the keymod slots on the URX4 feel sharper to me, and I had to put a Knight's keymod panel kit on there for it to feel comfortable. I don't have this issue at all with the KMR.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I really like the looks, the weight, and the modularity that come with kmr its just that magnesium blend that doesnt leave me with piece of mind. Im trying to build a kind of do it all lightweight ar and i just cant get past feeling like the blended metal just doesnt have the rigidness of the aluminum rails. Probly just me though

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    A bit.
    ^Thats comical right there.

Several other SME and Senior Members here often recommend only tightening the barrel nut to the minimum torque required in order to maximize accuracy (around 30 ft.-lbs.). In another thread you stated the min. torque for the URX4 is 60 ft.-lbs. Do you feel that this effects accuracy?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I really like the looks, the weight, and the modularity that come with kmr its just that magnesium blend that doesnt leave me with piece of mind. Im trying to build a kind of do it all lightweight ar and i just cant get past feeling like the blended metal just doesnt have the rigidness of the aluminum rails. Probly just me though
    Magnesium alloys are actually stronger than aluminum when done right.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke2424 View Post
    ^Thats comical right there.

Several other SME and Senior Members here often recommend only tightening the barrel nut to the minimum torque required in order to maximize accuracy (around 30 ft.-lbs.). In another thread you stated the min. torque for the URX4 is 60 ft.-lbs. Do you feel that this effects accuracy?
    There is evidence that lower torque increases precision potential, however, the difference is pretty small with highly precise barrels shooting meticulously crafted handloads, and imperceptible with duty barrels and ammo. I prefer the security of a 50-90 ft/lb barrel nut.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    BCM website says the mag-alum alloy has the same strength as standard 6061 alum at 30-40% weight reduction, FWIW

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I didnt know adding magnesium to aluminum could make it stronger but i did a quick search and it seems to be true. Thanks for the heads up looks like ill be getting a 14.5 bcm kmr upper for my build.

Feedback Score
    The URX requires black magic and some other forms of voodoo to install.

Sent from my shop couch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast