Thread: anyone painted stainless barrel?

Feedback Score

anyone painted stainless barrel?

I have a noveske barrel and had block I'd like to get it black. Can I cerakoted it and it stays?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Yes it will work.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score

Cool

I used Aluma-Hyde II (rattle can) on a Mini-14 SS barrel and it has worked out great. No experience with Ceracote but I can't imagine any reason it wouldn't be fine.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Marlton, Evesham Township, New Jersey USA
    Feedback Score
    I have a stainless Kreiger on my bolt gun that's been Ceracoated. The finish has held up very well to some fairly rough field conditions; stalking through dirt, sand, rock, ice, snow, and rain.
    It's an excellent finish, but like everything else, preparation is key. The guy who did mine, media blasted the barrel first to give it a good base for the paint to adhere to, and made sure it was completely free of any oil or chemicals before applying the Ceracoat.
    Last edited by specopsscout; 09-15-14 at 22:58. Reason: cause I have little fat fingers that type errant letters
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.