Thread: In defense of the Fortis Rev

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

In defense of the Fortis Rev

I've been noticing a lot of people losing faith in the Fortis REV. Well, I have a story to share.

Late 2012 I purchased a BFH 16" middy from BCM with a C4 rail. Using MBUS2 BUIS, I had to dial the windage almost entirely to the left. An attempted reinstall resulted in the same results. Skip ahead... Fortis introduces their new 14" REV... I bite... Lighter than the 12" C4 with more real estate up front, I thought it would be a great replacement. After installing the Fortis REV, everything was great - I was able to adjust the windage to almost dead center and it's been solid since.

Well, to make a long story short, I was building an AR for my brother yesterday and pulled the old C4 out since that's the handguard he wanted. After careful installation and installation of Troy folding BUIS on the PSA CHF upper, I noticed the same thing as I did on my BCM. I had to adjust the windage almost entirely to the left.

I've read a few stories about the REV not lining up and none about the C4 - was I just monumentally lucky and unlucky at the same time for getting a good REV and a bad C4 or is there something I'm missing?

Most people on this site will tell you that the C4 is the sturdier rail and that they've heard stories of the Fortis slipping and not aligning properly on the barrel nut. My experience has been the exact opposite. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I guess I should chunk this C4 back to Centurion for a replacement...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    I've been noticing a lot of people losing faith in the Fortis REV. Well, I have a story to share.

Late 2012 I purchased a BFH 16" middy from BCM with a C4 rail. Using MBUS2 BUIS, I had to dial the windage almost entirely to the left. An attempted reinstall resulted in the same results. Skip ahead... Fortis introduces their new 14" REV... I bite... Lighter than the 12" C4 with more real estate up front, I thought it would be a great replacement. After installing the Fortis REV, everything was great - I was able to adjust the windage to almost dead center and it's been solid since.

Well, to make a long story short, I was building an AR for my brother yesterday and pulled the old C4 out since that's the handguard he wanted. After careful installation and installation of Troy folding BUIS on the PSA CHF upper, I noticed the same thing as I did on my BCM. I had to adjust the windage almost entirely to the left.

I've read a few stories about the REV not lining up and none about the C4 - was I just monumentally lucky and unlucky at the same time for getting a good REV and a bad C4 or is there something I'm missing?

Most people on this site will tell you that the C4 is the sturdier rail and that they've heard stories of the Fortis slipping and not aligning properly on the barrel nut. My experience has been the exact opposite. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I guess I should chunk this C4 back to Centurion for a replacement...
    I would have gotten in contact with BCM, but it does sound like the issue was in this particular rail. My own experience has been on 3 different C4 Rail installs, as well as one factory install by BCM none of which had this "induced" windage issue you are discussing. I've gotten clunkers in other products from reputable companies. It happens, contact them to make it right and if they stand behind their product they will make it right.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    No, what you should do is contact the appropriate parties and let them know the issue.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com