Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I remember now why I prefer B5 and Vltor stocks...

Feedback Score
    Place two pennies where you normally put the screw driver. It makes install a breeze.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never mind - misunderstood OP's problem.

I won't use an STR or any stock with a side battery compartments - trying to get a proper cheek weld with them gives me a neck crick over time.
    Last edited by Shao; 09-12-14 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. Got it moved to the right side of the stock.

Tommy, I appreciate the offer but this should work for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Never mind - misunderstood OP's problem.

I won't use an STR or any stock with a side battery compartments - trying to get a proper cheek weld with them gives me a neck crick over time.
    Interesting - I'm the opposite. The CTR style stocks are too skinny for me to get a decent cheek weld. I tried Jack's STR in a class and it has enough surface for me and is open for the technique he showed us where your support hand holds the bottom of the stock during prone precision shooting.

Feedback Score
    I liked the STR before I saw this, but the comparisons are interesting

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...ugh-talk-goes/

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    what am i missing here? ppl having issues installing/removing the buttstock from the buffer tube? if thats the case, i've never used any tools, just good-o fashion finger strength. I point the muzzle down placing its weight on the carpet, squeeze the lever to it's max value, and then pull w/ finger on each side of the notch while other hand is still squeezing the lever, and lift the stock up slightly and bring it down with a little force all in one motion.
    Last edited by sw1911; 09-15-14 at 00:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
    what am i missing here? ppl having issues installing/removing the buttstock from the buffer tube? if thats the case, i've never used any tools, just good-o fashion finger strength. I point the muzzle down placing its weight on the carpet, squeeze the lever to it's max value, and then pull w/ finger on each side of the notch while other hand is still squeezing the lever, and lift the stock up slightly and bring it down with a little force all in one motion.
    Try that with an STR and let me know how it works.

My chief gripe was that most stocks that cost the same or less have QD cups on both sides. The STR has one that you must move.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I've done the same countless times with CTRs.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I also have used the flat blade screwdriver technique several times. I find this a dubious design choice - Magpul, are you listening? Do those double-ended QD cups used by other brands cost that much?

Because of the STR's design that won't work, no matter your strength. You have to move the latch piece about 1/8" farther than is possible by just pushing on the sides.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I've done the same countless times with CTRs.
    Which is not relevant to the discussion. As SOG mentioned, the STR battery compartments do not allow this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12