Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REVISED Inforce APL; Pic Heavy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

REVISED Inforce APL; Pic Heavy

Came home to a pleasant surprise this afternoon...the revised Inforce APL! I haven't fired any rounds through it yet, but it looks like Inforce did their homework as far as revising the mounting design and I'm optimistic that the issues with the light flying off pistols under recoil is fixed. All pics were taken with my iPhone so if they're grainy...I can't do anything about it.

Inforce switched from a cam-style mount to a screw tension design:

Inforce was wise enough to use a metal insert on the opposite side of the screw. It might not look like metal, but I scraped it with my screwdriver to check, and it's definitely metal (if you look close you can see the mark I made in the middle of the insert):

Top view. The ridged insert to the rear of the "universal" mounting notch is the spacer required to properly fit 1913 style rails. Also visible is a spare 1913 insert that Inforce includes in the light, should you lose the first one. The spare insert is the grey insert behind the u-notch/1913 insert.

Mounting screw, clamping plate and view of the u-notch/1913 insert and the spare 1913 insert:

Close up of 1913 insert installed:

Close up of 1913 insert:

Close up of 1913 insert/notch in light. The insert slides in/out. Only one way it can slide in, so you can't install it backwards:

Screw has an o-ring to "prevent" it from vibrating loose (those who wish for a more "permanent" install might opt for blue loctite on the screw for peace of mind):

Installed on my G17 with clamping plate off. Universal notch fits nicely into the factory Glock notch:

Installed and clamping plate tightened down. ZERO movement on the rail:

Installed on my VP9 with the 1913 insert and clamping plate off. Good fit into the 1913 notch:

Installed on my VP9 with the clamping plate tightened down. Again, ZERO movement on the rail:

I *may* have time tomorrow evening to shoot with the light installed to check function and to see if it flies off my gun. I'm taking a 2-day Frank Proctor Advanced Pistol class so I might have to postpone testing the light until next week or next weekend. Initial impressions are strong, but I want to hold off on my final thoughts until I can actually send some rounds down range with the light mounted. Output is still 200 lumens and the paddles operate in the same manner as the original APL paddles.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 09-12-14 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing. Is it safe to assume the exterior dimensions are the same as the first generation? I'm concerned about holster compatibility.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Physically, the only difference I can tell is in the mounting system. I don't have my old Inforce anymore, but I'm 99% certain they are the same size. I have a buddy who has an original Inforce APL on his G31. After I get back into town Sunday night I'll check his out and compare them to be sure.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

REVISED Inforce APL; Pic Heavy

I just wish they had gone to the SF style mount so it can be taken in and off without tools, yet stays firmly on the gun.

New mount does look solid though.

Thanks for the pics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I just wish they had gone to the SF style mount so it can be taken in and off without tools, yet stays firmly on the gun.

New mount does look solid though.

Thanks for the pics.
    I suspect that would have screwed users with kydex built for the original APL. And while I love my X300's, I really can't think of a time when I needed to remove them in a hurry.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    That's awesome. I was considering the APL for a pistol light until I saw the other thread and the videos of the light popping off. I'm glad they fixed it. I really like the hsp wml on my rifle.

Also, does it function the same, as far as a tap for constant hold for momentary?
    Last edited by RMiller; 09-13-14 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    Okay, I was wondering about this, I sent one in a few months ago because it had cracked. I got one like yours in the mail today. It is solid.

Feedback Score
    Diesel geek,
    Where did yours crack?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a good improvement. Although I like the previous versions easy on/off.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Anyone know who has these new revised ones in stock yet ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast