Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: REVISED Inforce APL; Pic Heavy

Feedback Score
    Biggy,
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...and-momentary/

Their description says:
    These are the NEW IMPROVED clamping system designed by INFORCE.
    I would call them and ask if it is the new screw type mount.

Those of you that have the new ones, any of you put a decent amount of rounds (200 or more) through your gun with the new light and how did it do?

ETA:
    Just got an email from Earl at IWC in response to my question:
    Are these the new version of the APL with the screw type mount or the old cam lock style?

This was the response I received:
    It's that new version just released.
    Last edited by Big A; 09-18-14 at 13:43.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I just got my APL today from OP Tactical. It's the new version. When I read in the APL thread that a revised mount was being released, I decided to wait. I made a note of the Inforce dealers who were out of stock and waited for them to become available, assuming any new stock would be the revised edition. OP Tactical has updated pictures showing the new mount and they're running a 10% promotion until the end of the month.

Don't know if Inforce changed the product ID or kept the same designation.

Comes with a Panasonic battery, in case anyone was wondering.

Mounted to my VP9.

My first Inforce product and I'm already liking the switch and slim profile compared to my X300U.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like to know if the parasitic battery drain is still a problem on the new ones. Hopefully these new mounts are now good to go, I'd really like to pick one of these up. However if some of the problems mention aren't fully fixed I guess I'll just go with a Surefire as much as I love my Inforce WML.

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    I will be picking a new one up to run on one of my M&P's. I never really had a problem out of a first gen inforce but my other half kinda took it over on her XD. Just gives me all that more of a reason to buy a new one haha
    Instagram @wtm5569

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can the new mount be installed on the older version? I have one that I have not used but would not trust it after seeing the videos and reading about the issue. The fact that they spent the money to revise the mount just reinforces my hesitation to use the light with the cam lock.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Can the new mount be installed on the older version? I have one that I have not used but would not trust it after seeing the videos and reading about the issue. The fact that they spent the money to revise the mount just reinforces my hesitation to use the light with the cam lock.
    No the mount can't interchange as far as I know due to the design. I had one on my M&P for over 3000 rounds and never had a problem at all. But some may have. I just never had an bad experience with it to diss the light. I love it as far at my opinion goes.
    Instagram @wtm5569

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Contact Inforce and see if they will exchange it for a new one.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I received an email this morning informing me that they would exchange my older light for a newer one with revised mount.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat.c View Post
    I received an email this morning informing me that they would exchange my older light for a newer one with revised mount.
    I sent Inforce an email over a week ago asking if I could exchange my current light for the newer version. I switched the light over from a G22 to a G21 and strangely enough it's developed a little play in it. Maybe it's due the sizing difference between the frames. I haven't heard back from them yet. I'll go ahead and send it in anyway and see what happens. Fingers crossed. It's on a duty pistol so I need a bit more clamping force to feel comfortable with it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast