Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best 3-gun shotgun

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman44116 View Post
    Chiming in for an update.

I decided to go with a Beretta 1301 Comp. 24".

Thank you all for all the great input. In reality, the M2 was my first choice. But, for a few bucks shy of a grand, I jumped on the 1301.

Really nice shotgun, you should do well with it. It looks like a +4 will give you 9 + 1 and be even with the end of the barrel. With a +4 you can stuff 1 in the tube at the buzzer, with a +5 you can stuff 2. Do you shoot matches where stuffing would be an advantage? If so, a +5 might be the way to go. Although it might not please your eye on the looks.

What suggestions can anyone provide regarding a Nordic mag length. I was thinking 4. But would it make sense to go longer??
    xxxxx
    Last edited by TomMcC; 02-26-15 at 10:59. Reason: messed up reply

Feedback Score
    FN and Benellis are hard to beat for a 3 gun shotgun. Can't comment on the new Beretta outside of their duck guns (which are awesome).

Anything semi-auto with "Remington" written on the side of it will fail you when it counts. I have seen too many semi-auto 1100 model Remingtons crap out during hunts and at matches. Their police model 870s are decent, but I can't make a positive comment about anything else they make.

Feedback Score
    Now the matter is feeding it. Taccom caddies are the way to go.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I was dead set on the Stoeger 3-gun model until I saw that Beretta. Now I'm trying to convince myself that I need to spend $400 more on a shotgun than I had planned....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234