Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 impressions

Feedback Score

VP9 impressions

Picked up a VP9 earlier today, cleaned it and done a short comparison of sorts.

On the bottom left was the first 15 rds ever from the VP9. Top left is a 100rd group.

The center target is a 100rd group from a Sig P225.

Top right is a 25rd group from my G23.

First let me say it was not a good day for me shooting. I had the shakes and couldn't kick them. I struggled with the Glock just to get the group shown. The Sig shot smooth, I had forgotten how light it's recoil was. Too bad Sig don't make them like they used to.

The VP9 was a complete joy to shoot. Smooth recoil, only slightly more than the Sig. In the HK's defense, I shot the Sig with reloads, so it probably wasn't an exact comparison. Trigger was very smooth with a crisp break, no trouble getting the suprise let off. That is what I've always struggled with on the Glock, it's let off is not a clean break. I have no trouble with the Glock when I keep myself in practice on them. But since I don't shoot that often any more I had the most trouble with the Glock. It sucks getting old.

Just wanted to give a short impression, FWIW.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    100 yards?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The VP9 is a fantastic low-drama choice right now. I am recommending it to everyone who isn't heavily invested in another platform (and even some of them).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked one up from Grant recently and it's my favorite pistol to shoot now - not just because it's new. I own several other HKs, too.
    Great ergonomics, trigger and feel. It's like the damn thing was custom made for me and my hand. Not to mention, it's a tack driver.
    Just a solid, solid gun all around.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    100 yards?
    10yrds, offhand.

Feedback Score
    I could see HK making some inroads on Glock's LE stranglehold with this one. Factory support would probably be the key.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think that the valid comparison is between the VP9 and the Walther PPQ. The Glock 19/17 and the 9mm M&P's are already long out of the running as good out-of-the-box handguns. As implied above, factory support and general corporate reputation strongly favor the HK over the Walther.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhs1969 View Post
    10yrds, offhand.
    Thanks!

I am a bit perplexed with the apparent runaway popularity of this pistol. It isn't as if the VP9 is the first great, reliable pistol ever produced by HK. I've never preferred striker over hammer or visa-versa, I can make them both work well, including some DA revolvers produced by another two name company.

Kind of weird seeing this going on as a long time HK owner. It can't just be the price point can it?
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-13-14 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Thanks!

I am a bit perplexed with the apparent runaway popularity of this pistol. It isn't as if the VP9 is the first great, reliable pistol ever produced by HK. I've never preferred striker over hammer or visa-versa, I can make them both work well, including some DA revolvers produced by another two name company.

Kind of weird seeing this going on as a long time HK owner. It can't just be the price point can it?
    I think the price point has a lot to do with it. I also think HK is putting the quality into a striker fired pistol that many have been looking for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhs1969 View Post
    no trouble getting the suprise let off. That is what I've always struggled with on the Glock, it's let off is not a clean break.
    Could you please explain what you mean by this? I've never heard of a "surprise let off".
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast