Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VP9 impressions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    The VP9 is a fantastic low-drama choice right now. I am recommending it to everyone who isn't heavily invested in another platform (and even some of them).
    If you want drama, go make this same post over on the Walther forums.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    If you want drama, go make this same post over on the Walther forums.
    Boy, isn't that the truth.... The merits of the VP9 vs the PPQ have been discussed at length here, and at the Walther forums..Trouble is, the Walther fanboi's just don't get it.. While the two pistols are comparable to each other, and both are very good, The fact is, that one (HK) has much more support from the factory, and the aftermarket, and that IS the deciding factor between one becoming more mainstream, and the other a niche pistol...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    The VP9 is a fantastic low-drama choice right now. I am recommending it to everyone who isn't heavily invested in another platform (and even some of them).
    Agreed.

I'm doing the exact same thing.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Has anyone noticed any signs of getting very hot from shooting fast but not a vicious mag dump?
    Tim at MAC made comment about heating up the slide, too hot to handle.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Has anyone noticed any signs of getting very hot from shooting fast but not a vicious mag dump?
    No more than with any other pistol doing the same.

I've melted the insert of a F/O front sight before shooting lots of Titegroup. The VP9 doesn't get very hot in comparison.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Nah. Shoot billdrills and el pres drills all the time with mine. Took a Ernest Langdon high round count class last weekend (and the the temps were in the mid to high 90s) and it wasn't an issue. The slides on plastic guns are always going to get hotter, nothing interesting.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I've had the PPQ since before the HK came out. At this point, I don't think I will swap for the HK at a loss. Not too sure what I would gain with the VP9. There is no doubt that HK makes a fantastic weapon. There CS is great. If I had a choice when I purchased the PPQ, I might have gone with HK. At the same time, I did have the choice between the PPQ and Glocks, SW, Springfield, Sigs and older HKs. Simply put, there was nothing better on the market at that time IMHO.

The only after market items I have needed are better sights and some holsters. I like Dawson sights and they sell them for the PPQ. Holsters were easy to find. Spare mags ran about the same as other quality mags. So I am not sure what issues I am supposed to have with after market.

If there is something I am missing about the VP9, please let me know. If it is really worth the trade, I would consider it. Otherwise I'll dance with the girl I brought to the prom

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarkingDog View Post
    I've had the PPQ since before the HK came out. At this point, I don't think I will swap for the HK at a loss. Not too sure what I would gain with the VP9. There is no doubt that HK makes a fantastic weapon. There CS is great. If I had a choice when I purchased the PPQ, I might have gone with HK. At the same time, I did have the choice between the PPQ and Glocks, SW, Springfield, Sigs and older HKs. Simply put, there was nothing better on the market at that time IMHO.

The only after market items I have needed are better sights and some holsters. I like Dawson sights and they sell them for the PPQ. Holsters were easy to find. Spare mags ran about the same as other quality mags. So I am not sure what issues I am supposed to have with after market.

If there is something I am missing about the VP9, please let me know. If it is really worth the trade, I would consider it. Otherwise I'll dance with the girl I brought to the prom
    From what i'm reading the main concern people have agasin't getting the PPQ is the support. Some people feel Walther will shrivel and die now that another German striker gun is on the market. I can't see that happening. Walther is a century old.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarkingDog View Post

I have two PPQ's and more recently a VP9. I think the VP9 is the better gun. For me. But I don't think it's worth getting rid of a PPQ to get one. It's not that much better, and the preferences of some people would dictate that it's not any better at all.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunatly, Walther simply doesn't respond to any email questions---I've already emailed them SEVERAL times and NOTHING---you might as well be pissing in the wind. At this time, I own five Walther pistols (older guns) and perhaps would buy a PPQ, but their CS is so piss-poor, I'll just buy an HK VP-9 and that will be that...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast