Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VP9 impressions

Feedback Score

VP9 impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Sights are apparently something that evoke a lot of emotion. For my part, I've tried both DP and 10-8 sights. Nothing magic about any of them IMHO. On my second PPQ I just left the OEM polymer sights on. I think they're quite usable as a sighting tool, although I'm a little more comfortable with steel sights than polymer on a combat firearm.

Muzzle flip.....I just don't see it. I shoot a Glock 19, an M&P 9, PPQ, and now this VP9. I just don't see "muzzle flip" as a real issue. I don't discount it...some people are more recoil-sensitive than others I guess. It's just not something that seems to affect my shooting.
    You are absolutely correct that sights are personal preference. I simply do not like three dots. I cannot focus like I need to with them. So I knew I was going to have to change them just like I would on anything else this old man buys.

As far as the muzzle flip, it is not bad but it is the only thing I find I can that is not better than most all of the other guns I own or have shot and even then it is better than most. It is just the nature of the reduced weight of a poly frame compared to an all steel.

I guess it is not much different than someone saying the PPQ or the VP9 has a great trigger but is too light to carry because of increased risk of a ND. I carry the PPQ and understand that when my finger is inside the trigger guard, the chance of a projectile being launched. If I am bringing a single action out of the holster, the safety comes off at about the 45 degree mark. If my finger is on the trigger, there is a good chance it will discharge as well. The safety does not prevent a ND unless it is on. Again this is JMO.
    Last edited by BarkingDog; 09-17-14 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarkingDog View Post
    Nice to hear how the HK shoots. It sounds like I should go out and try one. The muzzle flip on the PPQ does take some getting use to. As far as the sights on the PPQ, it is almost a requirement to change them. Not much different than buying a glock and knowing you have to put in a trigger kit. IMHO
    I'd go see if you could rent one first, For me, the triggers between the two are very close, The HK being a little heavier, myself, I prefer that. I never thought the muzzle flip on the PPQ was that bad, it's controllable. As far as sights go, I'm finding that I end up changing them anyway, so, I just figure that in....
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345