Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P shield trigger upgrade ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

M&P shield trigger upgrade ?

I was looking at the Apex kit $158.00 for the shield. Is there any upgrades that can be done without removing the rear sight?

I put some HD's on and don't want to mess with them.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Myself, I hate the sigma style hinged trigger on the M&P series. I bought my current M&P 9 FS with the polymer FSS kit and trigger installed.

Actually, the USB (striker block) makes the most noticeable difference in the trigger. Trust me, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I was looking at the Apex kit $158.00 for the shield. Is there any upgrades that can be done without removing the rear sight?

I put some HD's on and don't want to mess with them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Myself, I hate the sigma style hinged trigger on the M&P series. I bought my current M&P 9 FS with the polymer FSS kit and trigger installed.

Actually, the USB (striker block) makes the most noticeable difference in the trigger. Trust me, it's worth it.
    Dummy that down for me so I can understand ?

USB STRIKER BLOCK, is that bought from Apex?

FSS front sight ?

What would I be missing if I bought the kit and didn't and installed everything possible without removing trigger?
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Yes, the ultimate striker block does require the rear sight to be removed, but smooths out the trigger.

I prefer the glock like trigger APEX offers.

Here's the kit that includes the action upgrades and trigger

https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid78.html

If you can stand the trigger, and want a better action, this should do

https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid65.html

FSS kit just refers to the forward set sear and trigger kit. It's for the full sized M&P's. It's supposed to mimic a 1911 trigger, and is as close as it gets with a polymer frame pistol.

Be careful when ordering as they have different kits for the 9mm/.40 full size, the .45 M&P's, and the shields.
    Last edited by RMiller; 09-13-14 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks Miller,
    I bought your first suggestion. Now that does require sight to be removed , correct? If I must , I'll pull it off.

Thanks again

PB

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Yes, the rear sight needs removed for the usb to be installed. Altogether, the APEX parts are pretty easy to install. Being mechanically inclined helps. APEX also has a metric crap ton of install videos on YouTube if all else fails.

On a side note, I'd rather drift the rear sight off and on 10 times than the front sight once. The rear seems so much more robust and easier to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thanks Miller,
    I bought your first suggestion. Now that does require sight to be removed , correct? If I must , I'll pull it off.

Thanks again

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ill let you know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I bought the Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit, and only installed the frame-based upgrades, ie the sear, sear spring, and trigger return spring. It still makes a noticeable difference. I'm waiting until I have new sights to install before I put in the striker block portion of the kit.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have had my Shield 9mm for over a year. This past week I decided to modify with APEX parts like in my FS M&P's.
    Stock Shield 9mm, approx 1000 rnds, trigger pull 6lb11oz, Lyman digital.
    I replaced the sear and USB with supplied springs, trigger pull 4lb 6oz avg.
    I have not replaced the factory trigger return spring as yet with APEX spring. It was a *itch getting the rear sight beat in and out.
    My poor thumb knuckle was beat to he**.
    I noticed the slave pin supplied with the APEX parts is now plastic, instead of the aluminum one they used to provide.
    Smooth very quiet trigger with out the grungy feel or crunchy sounds.
    Last edited by RWH24; 09-14-14 at 23:33.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    After getting the DCAEK installed on my FS 40, should I purchase a shield, it will go on as well. Have a 9C that is next in the chute. A great upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast