Thread: AAR: Northern Red Carbine Gunfighter 9/13-14/14

Feedback Score

AAR: Northern Red Carbine Gunfighter 9/13-14/14

Please see the Northern Red site for course description and bio of cadre. All listed material was thoroughly instructed. The instructors Tom Spooner and Zach (name withheld OPSEC) were spot on. They are excellent at teaching the bottom, middle, and best students. You will get your money, time and ammunition's worth from any course from this group. They promise that they are not flashy, they just present what their life's work has proved to work for them. Course ammo list was 650 but we shot closer to 950. Class size was 16.
    My fundamentals were reinforced and I found that I now need to push my speed/accuracy a little more by smoothing out a few manipulations. I can say from a prior NR pistol class, their training methods and pace will definitely improve your best skills and show where you need to improve your performance in your less-trained areas.
    In addition to the shooting instruction, the mindset and gear lessons these instructors impart throughout the course and during meals are outstanding.
    In closing, the students, Mil/LE/Civ, also were good to go. We all learned for each other, cheered each other on, and safely trained together.

Great class, Northern Red is laying down quality training. Tom and Zach are top notch instructors that enjoy teaching and it shows.

This class was spent pretty much at either the longest distance available, in this case of this range 100, working on accuracy, most of it on the timer or up close at 10 burning and driving home offsets. With numerous strings at the various distances in between.

It wouldn't be a Northern Red class without some Performance on Demand head to head competitions, that led to some egos being checked and some of the best shit talking I have heard in a while.

All students were solid, zero safety issues.

If you get the chance to train with Northern Red, do not hesitate, do it!