Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aluminum 1911-Commander-sized 9x19?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've been fondling one of the DW guardian's in 9mm at one of the ranges I frequent, never caught the funny ejection port. Now that I look at the pics I noticed it's a bit different from standard. I'm sure it could be adjusted to be more atheistically pleasing if needed. I'm always in the market for a LW 1911 commander sized gun. Not a 4" bushing-less model or any other commander type. I want a commander sized 4.25 gun with a bushing, maybe even in .38 super. DW does these. Ed brown does a few commanders too but always .45 except in rare cases. I keep coming back to DW, eventually one of those will be mine.

Feedback Score
    In my latest issue of the "American Rifleman" there is a review of Springfield Armory's Range Officer line. They have a compact version in 9mm and .45 with aluminum frame.

Feedback Score
    Para made a version of the Lightweight Commander in 9MM, but my choice would be the Compact Range Officer in 9MM.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Para made a version of the Lightweight Commander in 9MM, but my choice would be the Compact Range Officer in 9MM.
    Ugh, Para...

The compact RO is "Officer" length frame with a 4" slide. I don't know why so few manufacturers make a true 4.25" Commander. Brown, DW, Colt and Baer are maybe choices. I still think the DW guardian in 9mm is the best choice out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    Ugh, Para...

The compact RO is "Officer" length frame with a 4" slide. I don't know why so few manufacturers make a true 4.25" Commander. Brown, DW, Colt and Baer are maybe choices. I still think the DW guardian in 9mm is the best choice out there.
    Well there is guncrafters and nighthawk that make them... price is twice that of DW though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does anyone know if DW offers the 9mm Guardian without the god awful bobtail? I would be tempted to buy one if they did

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Does anyone know if DW offers the 9mm Guardian without the god awful bobtail? I would be tempted to buy one if they did
    Only if you go CCO or ECO but those are both "officer" length frames. The CCO is only in .45 too I think.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Call them. They'll build it for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    Call them. They'll build it for you.
    Good to know that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12