Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The insides of kel-tec RDB.

Feedback Score

The insides of kel-tec RDB.

So I found this quite interesting video filmed during ShotShow. The kel-tec guy dissambles the gun, what is always interesting to see, specially when it comes to a lefty friendly bullpup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSnmWrFivBs

So, it has a very, very long...op-rod? Is what it is called? The BCG itself is quite small sans op-rod. They claim that the long travels reduces felt recoil. The long travel seems necessary for the downward ejection.

But I know very little and it would be interesting to read the thoughts of the folks here.

Feedback Score
    Although a lot of what they do is often flawed in execution, Kel-Tec is certainly the most innovative of American gun manufacturers. They actually try new concepts and ideas as opposed to the rest of the US gun industry which is sorta stuck in 1964.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really can't see them as being innovative when they continue to hold their guns together with screws.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I really can't see them as being innovative when they continue to hold their guns together with screws.
    The most lefty friendly bullpup with a decent trigger out of the box. Dont be a hater.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    The most lefty friendly bullpup with a decent trigger out of the box. Dont be a hater.
    It can be as lefty friendly as it wants, a gun held together by screws is a no go for me.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have coated several of the bullpup shotguns in my shop in the last year or so, and while I like that KelTec will go "out of the box"... I can't say that I am a fan of their clamshell design...re-assembly is not complicated, but it damn sure wasn't easy. I cussed. A lot.

OP-Sorry, just a rant, will not be an issue with average owner.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Man I want one of these.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Is this model a plan to replace the RFB? Were there any problems with the forward ejecting design that prompted this? I thought the RFB was a great concept when I first saw it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    Is this model a plan to replace the RFB? Were there any problems with the forward ejecting design that prompted this? I thought the RFB was a great concept when I first saw it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    According to a guy from Kel-Tec, the RDB will live together with the RFB for a while, until they make a .308 version of it. I find it funny they came with the RFB first, since it looks like the more complicated design, the RDB seems much simpler, although I suppose the challenge was designing a BCG that allowed the downward ejection on the buttstock.

2 videos of the RDB prototype in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eon4abzfUyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mio_2nt1Hc

No failures to feed or eject, but of course one must remain skeptical since KT wouldnt be dumb to showcase specific samples that were less than well tested by them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything they make is crap.

Still... I like the look of the sheet metal gun, and would pick one up just to mess with if it were less than $400.

Strangely though, they are planning to sell them for $3K???

Unfortunately, the price tag on these is absurdly high, and doesn’t justify the cool factor. The pedestrian black RDB version of the rifle will set you back $2,000, while the factory rep tells me that the M43 is going to run a blistering $3,000.

http://bearingarms.com/the-steampunk...ister-the-rdb/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast