Thread: The insides of kel-tec RDB.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVii2K1j5k

That's all I needed to see to not even consider anything from Kel-Tec

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Everything they make is crap.

Still... I like the look of the sheet metal gun, and would pick one up just to mess with if it were less than $400.

Strangely though, they are planning to sell them for $3K???
    MSRP prices, the RDB will be less than 2k, i guess on the 1700-1800 range. It is a fair price for a design that has at least 3 advantages over the Tavor: better trigger, softer recoil impulse and lefty friendly. Of course we will have to know if KT can deliver in good quantity and quality, but c'mon, at least they are taking risks and innovating.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    ...has at least 3 advantages over the Tavor: better trigger, softer recoil impulse and lefty friendly. KT... quality... innovating.
    I'm no fan of the Tavor, but do you realize how ridiculous you sound in touting the "design advantages" of this junker?

The mag release is made out of a modified pocket clip from a Pilot G2 Rollerball Gel Pen and the receiver is held together by a heaping handful of assorted-sized allen head screws from one of those "Box-O-Screws" you get in the Walmart "Hardware" aisle.

I actually owned WATER GUNs that were superior in design and construction to anything KelTec makes when I was six years old...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    MSRP prices, the RDB will be less than 2k, i guess on the 1700-1800 range. It is a fair price for a design that has at least 3 advantages over the Tavor: better trigger, softer recoil impulse and lefty friendly. Of course we will have to know if KT can deliver in good quantity and quality, but c'mon, at least they are taking risks and innovating.
    This is a serious statement? Have you fired a Tavor left handed? I have. As long as you are shooting 5.56 you could shoot 1000rds through the damn thing without any issue whatsoever, and occasionally with .223 it may brush your cheek. Everything else on the rifle can be switched to accommodate a left handed shooter, not sure what more you need. The trigger? It's heavy as hell and creepy, I will give you that, but I personally have not handled the tupperware 556 to compare them directly. Plus, if the Tavor recoils too hard for you, it might just be you are recoil sensitive. I have never fired a .223/5.56 that I felt had stiff recoil whatsoever. Comparing the KT to the Tavor in any respect except for the fact they are bullpups, is a travesty.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Of course we will have to know if KT can deliver in good quantity and quality, but c'mon, at least they are taking risks and innovating.
    Well, Kel-Tec's ability to deliver in quantity is well known. They can't. Their RDB has less than 6k units produced. If you consider those their flagship products they're not pushing much. Either they have a serious constraint in manufacturing or demand is too soft. Maybe they have a big constraint in their manufacturing process. Maybe the price and the brand don't line up.

Their ability to deliver quality is well known. Work, don't work, proponents provide anecdotal evidence even though tests don't hold up. Regardless, the market says a Kel-Tec is worth only so much. At those price points people seek alternatives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    This is a serious statement? Have you fired a Tavor left handed? I have. As long as you are shooting 5.56 you could shoot 1000rds through the damn thing without any issue whatsoever, and occasionally with .223 it may brush your cheek. Everything else on the rifle can be switched to accommodate a left handed shooter, not sure what more you need. The trigger? It's heavy as hell and creepy, I will give you that, but I personally have not handled the tupperware 556 to compare them directly. Plus, if the Tavor recoils too hard for you, it might just be you are recoil sensitive. I have never fired a .223/5.56 that I felt had stiff recoil whatsoever. Comparing the KT to the Tavor in any respect except for the fact they are bullpups, is a travesty.
    I know as a 5.56 the Tavor recoil is no biggie, buuut it has a massive BCG that isnt very smooth, although quite reliable, like an AK.

Feedback Score
    Biggest problem is see with Keltec rifles always seems to be grotesque lacking of production levels--like one actual rifle for every 20-50+ printed page ads for them.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    There is only one Kel-Tec I had any interest in and that is their PMR-30, .22 magnum pistol w/30 round magazine. Years after their introduction I finally saw one at my LGS a couple of weeks ago... The only thing Kel-Tec has done is prove to me that I don't really need one.

Feedback Score
    A guy that shoot both the RDB and the Tavor doing a comparison.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/06/02...s-kel-tec-rdb/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Pretty sloppy article.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast