Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The insides of kel-tec RDB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Pictures like this is why they need to add an AR bolt as a reference comparison. Macro Mode can make everything look ridiculously over built.
    The rods are very long to allow the long travel of the BCG. But the BGC, sans rods, is very, very small. The barrel is 17.3 long plus flash hider, so you can have a notion of scale in the picture the whole gun is disassembled. It kinda is the very opposite of the AR BCG. The AR BCG isrodless and very long, while the RDB is "rodful" and very short.

Ok, I used my incredible mspaint skills.

bcg-barrel.jpg
    Last edited by Vitor; 03-13-15 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm going to try to be tactful but....sometimes youtube personalities gloss over things when they get advanced access to some of these guns. I base it on the shape of the rifle and if it feels anything like the KSG. Naw...

I doubt a guy who relies on views is going to put on YouTube a clip of him telling everyone in YouTubeland that "Yeah this rifle isn't so good and not practical" with the Kel Tec rep right there.

I saw the iraq veteran guys videos and a few others and heard the same keywords.
    "This is just a prototype" Everytime it hung up or something.

I'm not anti-bullpup (enjoy my AUG) but a prototype bullpup is NOT a gun I want to fire. You can certainly buy one but in a world of AUG or maybe Tavor......why?

If I need to use AR magazines, AUG NATO stock. 9mm kit got banned by the Fun Police but eh...don't mess with pistol caliber carbine anyways. Had an A3 since they first became available and 5 magazines seem to serve me well. Still want more more.

Who am I to begrudge another person's preference but no. I don't see myself caring about this gun. I don't even think an oorah video of MARSOC guys in multicam arid freefall jumping into the middle of ISIS central zapping terrorists left and right using this rifle could make it attractive. They could even edit in purple lasers. Nope.

The ATF could pre emptively ban it by name. While annoyed at tje civil rights infringements; I would somehow be strangely okay with it.
    Harsh? Maybe. But I just don't see this as anything I would ever want especially a 2 large.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The ATF could pre emptively ban it by name. While annoyed at tje civil rights infringements; I would somehow be strangely okay with it. Harsh? Maybe. But I just don't see this as anything I would ever want especially a 2 large.
    I know this is a long dead thread but... seriously! I did a search for Kel-Tec RDB and this garbage came up! It’s no wonder that the antis are out to destroy the 2nd Amendment when gun owners are posting things like this. You may justly or unjustly hate Kel-Tec due to a purchasing experience but really! The gun bashing elitist attitudes of this Forum are shameful. Kel-Tec is an American company. Do you understand how hard is is to break into the gun industry as a manufacturer? Gun dealers are having a hard time making a living, I know because long ago I was one. Kel-Tec started with a few simple products as Grendel and stepped up to better things. My Grendel .380 was a great little weapon. I was a kid and didn’t have much money and bought a couple. They went bang every time. Inexpensive guns are not a bad thing. Especially, for those that need them. I think of the single mother with an idiot ex. Can she afford the $1200 Kimber when she’s trying to feed her kids?

A few months ago, I bought an RDB for $900. It’s been a nice little rifle. No gas in the face when shooting suppressed, light recoil and great trigger pull. I put an inexpensive Votex SPARC II on the RDB in a QD mount. Both the Kel-Tec and the Vortex have Lifetime Warranties. What’s not to love about that? Most of the time, I find myself grabbing the RDB rather than my AUG. Now, I can afford to shoot whatever I want and was one of the first to buy the Tavor when it was released. Not a fan! I found it clunky, awkward too use and too big for 5.56 rifle. The gas issues sealed its fate and down the road it went. The RDB is everything the Tavor is not and then some. Better ergos, better trigger, easy disassembly, complete disassembly, true multi-cal capability (the barrel comes right out), just as good accuracy, better warranty, etc... The sheet metal receiver cover is the frame. How brilliant is that!

Instead of hating and commenting on things that we don’t have experience with, maybe we should step back and applaud our fellow citizens trying to change the industry. What other US gun maker is doing that? Remington, Winchester, S&W, Ruger? Where is the innovation? Another AR? Another shiny revolver? A variation of the 1022? I love my Steyr weapons but there is room for Kel-Tec in my safe. The KSG is looking good to me now. After my experience with the RDB, I’ll give it a try!

Ask the Senior Chief what he thinks of Kel-Tec. Better yet just watch the video.

SamM

https://youtu.be/PpQlo9_M9as
    Last edited by SamM; 01-14-18 at 12:14.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456