Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Priced dropped on D&H, buy them or pay more for nhmtg?

Feedback Score
    NHMTG are certainly considered better than D&H. If you're buying D&H mags just for everyday use: go for it.

I've been using about a dozen D&H mags since 2010 and I've only had one malfunction with one magazine in all that time.

My main beef about D&H mags is that the finish is some kind of shiny black coating that is obviously not military standard.

Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks guys, will get the nhmtg.

I have been buying D&H, pmag and NHMTG. I do not see a reason to buy 2 different types of aluminum magazines.

The price drop on the D&H makes them very tempting.
    Last edited by ~kev~; 09-18-14 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep.. I'm 99% sure that's what's on the BCM mags. I've been inside and out of them and they're pretty good.

I can't argue with an NHMTG recommendation at all though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a few of the D&H mags. No troubles so far. NHTMG mags are almost double the price, but they are really high quality. I'd use either.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get both and some Pmags. One can never have too many mags, and a variety of quality mags isn't a bad idea since you will sometimes run across a rifle that is picky with certain mags. Bought 20+ of the D&H mags when they popped up on sale for $7 a piece a few weeks back. Am about to drag a few to the range for t&e with various ammo and rifles. For $7 I couldn't say no, even if it is only for trade fodder down the road, but initial inspection would appear promising. Can vouch for the issues with some C-product mags though, just went through that earlier this year.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Can vouch for the issues with some C-product mags though, just went through that earlier this year.
    Over the past decade I picked up various magazines at gun shows. Turned out a lot of them are c products and are junk. I ended up putting all of my c products magazines into a box, wrote "retired" on the box and put it on a top shelf in a closet.

Now that prices are back down I want to increase my buying rate. I was buying ammo one month, then some magazines, then ammo, then magazines, then ammo,,,, kinda rotating it out.

Those D&H hitting $7 - $8 are too good to pass up.

I know nhmtg are supposed to better, but I know I will kick myself during the next panic buying spree if I do not get some D&H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    D&H did put out some dog shit at one point... not quite the train wreck that Cprod was, but they did have some issues. I don't know their CAGE code... otherwise I could tell you what the BCM mag bodies are.
    Do you remember the time frame when they put out the dog shit?

just bought 20 of the D&H at $7, along with 10 gen3 pmags. couldn't pass it up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where are you finding NHMTGs for $11-12?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Where are you finding NHMTGs for $11-12?

http://www.44mag.com/product/nhmtg_m...ar15_magazines

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast