Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SIG P226 chipped muzzle crown

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
    Well I hope the Sig comes back in tip top shape.
    Got it back after only about 10 days--they swapped an extractor spring, test fired 40 rounds, and even cleaned it when they were done. I could definitely feel the difference in the extractor tension once it came back. I took it out to the range tonight and ran 50 rounds of Speer Lawman and 50 rounds of Blazer Brass without issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Yeah, got the barrel a couple of weeks ago (should be going up on the EE soon...).
    Does this mean the numbers on the barrel and frame no longer match? I'd send the whole gun back to SIG and ask for another...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Got it back after only about 10 days--they swapped an extractor spring, test fired 40 rounds, and even cleaned it when they were done. I could definitely feel the difference in the extractor tension once it came back. I took it out to the range tonight and ran 50 rounds of Speer Lawman and 50 rounds of Blazer Brass without issue.
    Awesome!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Does this mean the numbers on the barrel and frame no longer match? I'd send the whole gun back to SIG and ask for another...
    SIG doesn't put serial numbers on their barrels/slides. I believe that they used to in the early 90s, but the modern guns only have a serial number on the right side of the frame above the trigger. At least some of the slides have some sort of internal control number on the inside, but that doesn't match the serial number or its format.

I'm happy with the phosphate barrel, and every round that has been fired out of the gun (except for the first factory test rounds, I guess) have been with that barrel, so all the parts are wearing together. Plus I can sell the NIB standard replacement barrel they sent me to add to the toy fund...

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    What's up with the spam???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123