Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leatherman MUT

Feedback Score

Leatherman MUT

I see STAG has the MUT for $125. What do users think of it? Is that a good price? If you already have one would you buy it again or pass the next time?
    Last edited by LDB; 09-20-14 at 14:20.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Paid about a hundred for mine. It's been good for me with no problems to speak of. A bit large to carry every day in your back pocket as I do, but doable. Remember to take it out before you ass hits your car upholstery or kitchen chairs, the wife will be mad. If you're set on the MUT, find a better price.

The guy @ Gearscout has had problems with a couple of his cracking. Looks like they took care of him though, but you might want to read that as well.
    Last edited by kdcgrohl; 09-19-14 at 11:09.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got two & considering a third. I'm really happy with them but I do agree with the above; they're a little bulky for pocket carry & $125 is on the pricier side. I paid around $90 each for mine. Try to find a better deal if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    I sure like mine. I paid around $90 several years back. The carbon scraper broke, I returned it to Leatherman and they repaired it, resharpened the blades, and sent it back rather quickly.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I like mine but would probably buy a Multitasker Series 3 if I was buying one right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Wrong forum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like Leatherman and I collect multitools. Among the least favorite tools I have is the MUT, for my needs anyway. Big, heavy and without the tools I would use, it's well made but I prefer either the Multitasker for the AR, or any number of other Leatherman tools for daily use around work and the house.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I would have bought a Multitasker 3, but its made in China and fairly expensive at that. I got a lightly used MUT for $75 and its great for taking to the range.

Feedback Score
    I apologize for the wrong forum but didn't see where else it would go so sorry for whoever is tweaked.

I've got a good general purpose Leatherman. I was thinking of it as specifically for use with an AR. If not the MUT then what? I don't really want made in China though.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have the Leatherman Wave, and have been happy with it both at the range and work (machinist). Paid $50 for it on sale, but have been looking for a designated range/class multi tool that can go on belt. MUT and Multitasker 3 are at the top of list, so I'm also interested in responses. Gotta say M3 not being made in US, is a big negative... On a side note-- the Wave leather case holds a G26 mag perfectly, for low pro/in plain sight mag carrier.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast