Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun storage for vehicle

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    My Jeep does but I bet a crowbar could make pretty quick work of it.
    Same with my truck. I could probably snatch it open by hand if I really wanted to.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Center of Mass lockbox. Quite inexpensive and well made.

That's what I use when I can't carry into places that are prohibited.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is getting harder and harder to fit anything under the seat especially in compact vehicles. I'm sure you checked the clearance under your seats. Even my full size SUV doesn't have enough space under the seat for a locking box, and my full sized sedan is even worse. Maybe it is because they have electric seats.

I've used an electronic lock box with a cable attached on the floor behind the passenger seat. And I keep a small dark throw blanket over it when I travel, but leaving it in the car cabin in a public lot all day...I don't know. You might have to build a custom solution.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I use a GunVault tethered under a seat.

It isn't the strongest setup in the world, but it's hidden, tethered with a steel cable, and in a box with a lock... the point is to make it hard to get out quickly, rather than hard to get out at all. If someone really wants the gun, or anything in your vehicle for that matter, they'll have it.

Feedback Score
    Inebriated,

That's what I base my thoughts on too.

Anyone determined enough can steal the lockbox (of any mfg) out of your vehicle if they are prepared to spend time and have the right tools, but the average 'break a window and rummage inside the vehicle type of thief' will NOT be able to remove the lockbox or open it.

This approach is far better than trying to hide your pistol with a towel over it, which I used to do too.

The 'Center of Mass' lockbox is very slim and I think would fit under most vehicle seats and if not certain if it'll fit call em or look at their website for particulars. It fits under my wife's Corolla seat and my Tundra pickup seat with room to spare.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Handgun storage for vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Before you buy anything, do either of your car's have lockable glove boxes?
    My car does as does my wife's. I know that the glove box is an option, I just don't know how good that option is. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Korgs130; 09-21-14 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I appreciate everyone's input, thank you. I completely agree with Inebriated's train of thought. Any opinions on keyed vs combination locks on a Center of Mass?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    My car does as does my wife's. I know that the glove box is an option, I just don't know how good that option is. Any thoughts?
    The hinges for most glove boxes are plastic, very easy to get into.

Feedback Score
    Check out "Truck Vault" and see if they make a center console safe for your vehicle.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    Check out "Truck Vault" and see if they make a center console safe for your vehicle.
    The Truck Vault looks great. Unfortunately, they don't make on for our vehicles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast