Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Handgun storage for vehicle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
    I use this and swear by it. It's made in America with steel and not the thin crap that the Chinese made Console Vaults are made from.
    Every one of my buddies that have seen it in person do two things. They either buy one or bitch and moan if they don't make a model for their vehicle LMAO!

I just pulled the trigger on this one. The discount code in the video is still valid for 15% off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bogart... The Big Sleep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    My car does as does my wife's. I know that the glove box is an option, I just don't know how good that option is. Any thoughts?
    I use mine in my Exploerer. It's not gonna stop somebody with a pry bar but it still keeps the gun secure enough for my peace of mind if I have to leave my weapon behind. All the burglary to a conveyance charges I've seen in 10+ years as a bailiff were typical smash and grab affairs where the owner left something in plain view and too tempting for a theif not to steal.
    These crimes usually happen more around the holidays as people tend to leave purchases in the back seat in plain view instead of out of sight in the trunk.

You just gotta think like a criminal. For example, I know that if I see a NRA/FOP/Thin Blue Line/Magpul/BCM/U.S. Army/USMC/DoD/Gadsden flag, etc,etc, sticker on the back of a vehicle that my odds of finding a firearm in the car are much higher than one without. Doubley so on a pick up truck in the south

My advice, NO stickers, Tint the windows(if not illegal in your state) and lock anything you don't want stolen in the trunk/glove box. Simple easy stuff and you should be just fine.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If someone finds something good for a Nissan Altima, please holler.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post

My advice, NO stickers, Tint the windows(if not illegal in your state) and lock anything you don't want stolen in the trunk/glove box. Simple easy stuff and you should be just fine.
    This is really the best advice. I see people with tons of those stickers and all I can think of is "if I ever need a gun, I could find one in there."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wish the passat had room for a locker down console

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    This is really the best advice. I see people with tons of those stickers and all I can think of is "if I ever need a gun, I could find one in there."
    It's amazing what people will tell you without even talking to you. All you have to do is pay attention.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on this one. The discount code in the video is still valid for 15% off.
    Nice! Post some pics when you get that sucker installed. What vehicle do you have?
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    Nice! Post some pics when you get that sucker installed. What vehicle do you have?
    I'll try and get some pics later this afternoon. I have a few issues in regards to the instruntions they provided and the omittance of certain key steps.

My vehicle is a 2011 Tacoma. Shipping was super fast, got the package 5 days after I ordered. Here is the part where my install went awry. I had to take apart my ENTIRE center console to get this thing installed. The directions that came with the safe had 5 steps. They failed to mention I hade to take the hinge bracket completely off. In order to dd that I had to dissassemble the whole shebang adding a further 4 steps to the process. I was super pissed that was not disclosed to me prior in the directions or in the description of the product. The website says that it was "drop in", well yeah, after you take the console apart it drops right in.

Having said all that, I'm happy with it. In my case with my vehicle I did lose a little storage volume but I still manage to fit my FNS9 with a X300 attached in a X-fer holster, 2 17rd mags, a surefire G2 and a ASP. The contents are not neatly placed in there but it gets the job done.

ETA:

The owner just called me about the review I left on his site explaining the install situation. He was very professional and concerned in what my problems were. I'd not hesitate to buy something from this gentleman again.
    Last edited by Apricotshot; 10-08-14 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    I use this and swear by it. It's made in America with steel and not the thin crap that the Chinese made Console Vaults are made from.
    Every one of my buddies that have seen it in person do two things. They either buy one or bitch and moan if they don't make a model for their vehicle LMAO!

Where did you get that magnet? I saw one on a console vault video a while back but could never find it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast