Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub $200 solution for locking my ARs up?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sub $200 solution for locking my ARs up?

I know I know buy once cry once and you get what you pay for, but...

My daughter is getting old enough to wander and I honestly do not have a lot to spend. Looking for a locking gun cabinet to store my ARs Shotguns and rifles (around 8 long arms) to keep them out of sight and reach. Don't need to stop thieves or fires (all my rifles are scheduled on insurance), just the kid.

What is considered the best piece of shit locker in my price range?

I have been keeping them in locked cases, but I'd like to get one consolidated cabinet where they can breath.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Check out Homak

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Academy/Dicks/Gander usually have an el cheapo safe made from sheet metal, for $100ish and up depending on size. Not criminal rated, but it should keep the little ones out (At least for a little while till they get older/smarter). I believe they even come with pre-drilled holes and hardware for bolting down as well.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Homak or StackOn. Those will definitely keep out the honest and merely curious.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Schlage deadbolt on your closet door

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A good conversation and a StackOn cabinet will do the job. My kids know better, I only worry about their friends and liability.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If it really only needs to be kid-proof? Here's kid-proof plus, I think. A length of 5/16 cable, it'll go through the magwell and ejection port, run it through a couple lag-eyes in the floor, and get a good padlock. Number of AR's limited only by the length of the cable and size of the closet. Against a burglar, I might guess it's better than the sheet metal cabinet. Anyway it'
    Anyway it's practically instant until you find something better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you guys - the stack on cabinets look perfect and the metal seems think enough that I can drill and put a hasp on for added Padlock security.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some of those light weight cabinets can be opened by tipping them back and dropping them. Food for thought.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    If it really only needs to be kid-proof? Here's kid-proof plus, I think. A length of 5/16 cable, it'll go through the magwell and ejection port, run it through a couple lag-eyes in the floor, and get a good padlock. Number of AR's limited only by the length of the cable and size of the closet. Against a burglar, I might guess it's better than the sheet metal cabinet. Anyway it'
    Anyway it's practically instant until you find something better.
    Thanks Ned - I thought about that but the little girl is so curious she just likes to touch everything - I worry about the lead residue and cleaning solutions left over on the rifles almost just as much and don't want her near them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast