Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Long distance cycling is easy on the joints and benefits aerobically as much as running. I'm 67 and recently upped my distance (every other day) to 28 miles on a 29er mountain bike. I work out with weights on the non-cycling days. Low weight (60lb barbell) with military lifts, deadlift, bicep curls, shoulder shrug, upright rowing, etc.

I was a distance runner for 22 years until my knee needed scoping from all those years of running impact.

Of course, swimming is best, but gawd it's boring, for me at least.
I would have to agree with this. Stationary equipment, especially ellipticals and bikes are low impact on joints and are a way to burn calories. May not be a very "fun" thing to do, but if you have the means to buy one, you can set it in front of the tv and just watch an episode of something and bam, 45 mins of exercise done. I don't prefer this method, but it is a means to a start. But as I always advise, getting a diet In check I feel is key when getting into shape. If you have any questions feel free to inbox me and we can get you started. Good luck with your journey on getting into shape!