Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Impressions: Meprolight's New RDS

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Got mine today. Love the wide screen and uber quick brightness adjustment knob. Only time will tell how stout it is, but I have faith in Israeli military standards. Mounting on the forward rail makes the wide lower body look intrusive. No problem on receiver rail. Machining and finish are superb. I'll still be looking for a bargain H1/T1 when the T2s come out, but would choose this over another Pro or M series.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It may be unproven on the battlefield, but it's been three years in the making and the design has passed IDF tests. It's the Aimpoint PRO version of the M5 sight (except it has much more in common with the sight it's based on).

One other thing besides all the advantages you listed, is that some may prefer the absence of tint. I have a friend who has some weird hang up with any tint at all...drives him nuts. He's been using the EXPS ever since it came out, but this might win him over. I just wish they could have made it a bit shorter. I don't even notice the tint on my T1.

I'm a big fan of the auto-shut-off feature. Just wish it had an auto-brightness setting too...though I know these can be problematic.

As for this Mepro, the length (too long for a BUIS AND a 3X) and the weight are the only disadvantages I see over the micros (too soon to say whether these are tougher or weaker than micros). But based on mepro's reputation and IDF sales, I'd like to think this thing is fairly bomb proof--I'd bet the large single prism is tougher than individual lenses, but maybe not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got in on the first 400 as well. My optic appears to be number 062. This will be on a BCM upper for my first carbine class this coming weekend. Will post impressions after. Back up rifle will have a T1 on it in case this sight craps the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ag08 View Post
    I got in on the first 400 as well. My optic appears to be number 062. This will be on a BCM upper for my first carbine class this coming weekend. Will post impressions after. Back up rifle will have a T1 on it in case this sight craps the bed.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking forward to your carbine class report!
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm surprised at the positive reviews here. In my opinion this sight is a ****ing joke. It will not mount without rattling, the QD levers are impossible to use and poorly made, and the glass has odd reflections. Maybe I'm just spoiled by using quality mounts (ADM, Larue, etc.) and RDS (Aimpoint and EOTech). I'm sending mine back immediately. I've seen better throw levers/mounts from Primary Arms.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Sounds like you got a lemon. None of your problems with mine.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Sounds like you got a lemon. None of your problems with mine.
    Ditto. I've personally handled 4 of them (I own 3) and none of them have any of the problems reported by matt7184. I hope he'll let us know how Meprolight CS treats him.
    Tomac

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    I'm surprised at the positive reviews here. In my opinion this sight is a ****ing joke. It will not mount without rattling, the QD levers are impossible to use and poorly made, and the glass has odd reflections. Maybe I'm just spoiled by using quality mounts (ADM, Larue, etc.) and RDS (Aimpoint and EOTech). I'm sending mine back immediately. I've seen better throw levers/mounts from Primary Arms.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully others won't waste money.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully others won't waste money.
    Oh, it's you again... Years ago I received a NIB Aimpoint CompM4S w/a bad rheostat, 6 week trip to Sweden and back to fix. Should I warn others not to waste their money on Aimpoints based on a sample size of 1?
    Tomac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    No problems with mine. QD mount is solid, no rattle and locks up tight. No odd reflections and glass is very clear without any tint to it. Mount is as solid as any of my "quality mounts", not as pretty as some of them but functionally the same.
    Last edited by Barvan40; 09-25-14 at 17:28. Reason: Additional info

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast