Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: First Impressions: Meprolight's New RDS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried really hard to love the Tru dot, but I couldn't. The mount is terrible, I broke the first one and had to get a replacement. Got the second one and it would not completely tighten down on the upper, regardless of how much I tightened it still had a little front to back movement. The real killer for me was the lack of brightness adjustments, low was too bright, medium was okay, and high was too dim. A friend and I were shooting still plates at 200 through a wooded area, my dot was blooming so bad it was completely covering a 12 inch plate, my buddy has a PRO and he was able to dial his down to the appropriate brightness to make a small fine dot. I have an Aimpoint PRO now

Feedback Score
    Not that I don't believe you at all, but how'd the mount break?
    So I can not break mine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_walker View Post
    Not that I don't believe you at all, but how'd the mount break?
    So I can not break mine
    I actually broke the bottom of the optic. Where it runs along the picatinny rail. I guess I over tightened the qd lever, when I flipped the lever I had to really put some pressure on it and I noticed it wasn't sitting flush. I took it off and saw the actual bottom of the optic base was broken. It was probably my fault, but the whole mounting system felt cheap and flimsy regardless

Feedback Score
    Just ordered one of these at $299 shipped.
    https://www.botach.com/meprolight-tr...red-dot-sight/
    Will relay my thoughts once received.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just in case anyone else was looking for a cheap optic for a backup or loaner gun, Mako is running a 29% off sale until midnight tonight. That puts this optic at $284 with free shipping. Figured I would get one to try on my crappy old wasr 10.
    http://www.themakogroup.com/meprolig...u-dot-rds.html
    Coupon code: OPT29

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nof555 View Post
    Just in case anyone else was looking for a cheap optic for a backup or loaner gun, Mako is running a 29% off sale until midnight tonight. That puts this optic at $284 with free shipping. Figured I would get one to try on my crappy old wasr 10.
    http://www.themakogroup.com/meprolig...u-dot-rds.html
    Coupon code: OPT29
    Thanks very much for the heads up on this!

I just picked up another one for a build I'm working on.

$284 shipped is really a no-brainer on this optic.

An added benefit of an optic like this is that it makes it more FUN for new shooters. (Like my kids)

Once they come to the range and enjoy shooting they are usually instantly converted - ie. "I want one of these rifles and one of these optics!" BINGO
    Last edited by KeithTexas; 07-26-16 at 22:22.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910