Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burgeman View Post
    Picked up one of these last week, looking for a kydex aiwb holster for it. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Check out Dark Star Gears minimalist clip on holster.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Does anyone have any recent feedback or opinions on the 9mm LCR? I am seriously considering buying one. I have always wanted a small revolver as a bug/backup but never wanted to purchase a extra caliber.

Feedback Score
    I do not but I did notice that Ruger recently made a 3" LCRx with slightly longer grip in .38 special. If they made that in 9mm or .357 mag then sign me up.

Feedback Score
    I was going to jump all over this model but I heard of problems with bullet pull. Got to thinking about it and it's probably going to be a problem with hotter loads since the 9mm is a hotter load than .38. I want those moonclips badly but I think I'll stick with my .38 unless I find a suitable bullet with a cannelure to crimp into or some factory ammo to show that it works in this gun. Maybe the steel frame will be enough to alleviate it but I'm waiting and watching for the time being.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    I was going to jump all over this model but I heard of problems with bullet pull. Got to thinking about it and it's probably going to be a problem with hotter loads since the 9mm is a hotter load than .38. I want those moonclips badly but I think I'll stick with my .38 unless I find a suitable bullet with a cannelure to crimp into or some factory ammo to show that it works in this gun. Maybe the steel frame will be enough to alleviate it but I'm waiting and watching for the time being.
    I don't think bullet pull will be a problem. (But since you brought it up I'm going to search for that issue in this gun) The LCR 9mm is on the 17.2 oz .357 magnum chassis. I haven't read of any issues from jacketed .357 ammo so 38 and 9mm ammo should not have a problem either.

Now hot .38 lead bullets in the 13.5 oz LCR .38 maybe..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see how bullet-jump-the case would occur in the Ruger 9mm revolver. I understand the mechanics and suggest using a Lee factory crimp die to reinforce the case's bullet pull if this possibility is a concern.

Feedback Score
    I did a little searching and found some people reporting bullet pull with factory FMJ ammo in the LCR 9mm.

What also has me hesitant is that I'd need to get enough clips to do all of my shooting during the session. At least 20 of them to start with and they aren't cheap.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    One reason I avoid beta testing for gun companies. 6-12 months on the street first with good reviews.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Haven't been interested in revolvers much, but this thing has my interest. Not sure what pricing is, but the idea of this being an easy glove box/pocket gun without needing to add calibers is interesting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I did a little searching and found some people reporting bullet pull with factory FMJ ammo in the LCR 9mm.

What also has me hesitant is that I'd need to get enough clips to do all of my shooting during the session. At least 20 of them to start with and they aren't cheap.
    I saw some of the issues with bullet pull and it killed my desire to own one of these.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast