I'll start by saying that this will not be historically accurate. This is to have a reasonably light, soft-shooting gun that looks somewhat retro, I'm not trying to copy any specific model (although I'm not opposed to doing so). I'm planning on using some modern improvements, like a Nitrided barrel, and maybe a BCG finished in some way other than phosphate (maybe not though).

The parts that I have in mind:
VooDoo 16.5" lightweight rifle gassed barrel
NoDak Spud 601-style lower (probably)

Upper: I'm not as sure on this. I want something with a dust cover but no deflector or FA. I might try to find a used upper, I might wait for the next batch of NDS-604, or I might go with their top charging setup. Does anyone have experience with a top charger?
Handguard: A1 style
Grip: A1 style
Stock: Not sure. Probably an entry length fixed stock like the RRA:

Front sight: The VooDoo barrel sadly has a .750 gas block seat, so I'll probably end up using an A2 FSB. I'd prefer .625 and A1 style but don't know of a good barrel.

I'm happy to use repro parts in cases where good quality ones are available at a better price than original. Any suggestions on where to find the furniture? I'm in California and some places don't like shipping stuff here, even though there are no legal issues unless it's magazines.

If anyone has recommendations for parts other than the ones listed, or knows of any issues with the parts, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any help.