Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon light "hotspot" not centered with sights

Feedback Score

Weapon light "hotspot" not centered with sights

Does anyone else notice this? I have a TLR-1 attached to a G19 and the sights align near the bottom of the hotspot of the light, presumably due to the "pig nose". With a TLR-1 with a G22, the sights align perfectly in the center of the hotspot. Any fix to this? Or am I being OCD?

Thanks,
    Capt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never really noticed so I just tried it out with my G19 with TLR1 and my sights line up near the top of the hot spot.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    OCD...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You are either aiming with your front sight or you are not aiming.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you suggesting that you do - or want to - aim your firearm with the spot from your light?

Feedback Score
    No, that is not why this question was asked. The reason I ask is, when looking at the front sight, the sight rests on the border of the hotspot and the spill over. So all of the light is not concentrated at what I'm aiming at, but above. I'd rather have the hotspot in the area of where my POA.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by captdreifus View Post
    I'd rather have the hotspot in the area of where my POA.
    Could you explain why this is important to you or how not having this alignment hinders your ability to place rounds on target? Perhaps we're not understanding your concern so further clarification may help.

Feedback Score
    its not hindering my ability to put rounds on target. I would think that you'd want a hotspot in FOV of the front sight, yeah? Mine is on the cusp of not being in the hotspot. I was just wondering if others had the same result.

Its kind of like, well shit, my Glock spits ho brass into my face....but hey, its going bang.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think as long as it lights up targets well you'll be ok.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try loosening or tightening the light to see if it changes. You could probably get ghetto and try shimming it with some paper and see if that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast