Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leave it to Sig

Feedback Score

Leave it to Sig

10mm coming in the P220 platform!

Hopefully production will be sooner rather than later. All there is so far is an announcement, no release date or spy photos. Also heard that Sig will be releasing 10mm ammo. Who said the 10 was dead?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    10 is dead. everyone knows that .40 is da bees knees mang.

"I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. Not sure if I am excited, but it is interesting. Suppose if they are doing the 220, and then translate it into the 227 it might make things even more interesting. Will have to wait and see I suppose. But, more options are never a bad thing.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Interesting. I still firmly believe the 10mm is a niche round though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Full house 10mm loads in a alloy frame seems like a good way to wear out a pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Full house 10mm loads in a alloy frame seems like a good way to wear out a pistol.
    Good point. There are some steel framed guns that were not up to the task.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Supposedly being done in the ST format.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hrmm.....interesting. I've been using, and working on Sigs since the late 1990s, and I've always thought the P220 would be an ideal 10mm platform. I never liked how fat the Glock 10/.45 grips were, so I never bothered getting a 10mm. A P220 in 10mm would would be far more ergonomic, and since I carry a .45 P220 on duty....very practical. My question would be whether Sig gets MecGar to make the magazines, or would they f**k it up by getting a cheaper supplier for the mags. Then of course, would they be able to engineer the pistol to handle full power 10mm given the questionable engineering they have done since 2004. We got a few MP5s in 10mm a while back(in addition to our old 9mm and .40 MP5s), and what was interesting was how much better the penetration of the 10mm was against various barrier materials versus the other calibers(.45 Tommy Gun too). Whether it be auto body materials, pressure treated wood, or 1" thick plexi glass, the 10mm would punch through those materials and keep on going. The only round that we found that could do a similar job was IMI 124gr 9mm SUB gun ammo running at almost 1400fps.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Grayguns converted P220s with stainless frames to 10MM. SIG is going to make several versions, all stainless frames - DA/SA, SAO, long slide, etc.

Feedback Score
    Knowing SIG of lately...it will come in several colored finishes and maybe have a wrist brace thingy!

LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast