Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Deciding on a new CCW pistol...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Excellent feedback...makes my decision to stick with stock modified lower even easier!

Feedback Score
    I have two gen 3 Glock 19's with night sights and crimson trace grips and a shield 9mm but since we are coming out of summer I can be found carrying the Shield 90% of the time with two spare seven round mags. I prefer the 7 round mags with Pearce mag extensions the eight round mag makes it about the height of my 19. I am going to get some new sights for it probably 10-8. I carry appendix usually(I have a gut being 5'8" 210lbs) although I do have a thunderware holster and Cross breed IWB holsters to use depending on what all is going on and how I am dressed. I will be getting a Raven Concealment holster and mag pouch for it and am thinking of the INCOG IWB for appendix to replace my cheapo holster since I am on a mission to lose my post service weight gain. I find that my shield is 100% reliable and just as accurate as my Glocks. I carry the shield most because of the weather and how I dress but I usually have my 19 in my sling bag that doesn't scream gun. So in a way my 19 is my back up gun to my shield. In the winter I wear more clothing so I will probably go back to my 19. I think my shield recoils about the same as the 19 too. I see no significant difference in how they operate (they point a little different but come on not THAT much).

If one is all you are buying get a 19 gen 3. I do not like the checkering of the gen 4 for CCW. I had one and without an additional shirt between you and the gun it will scrape off some skin. I can carry my 19 (and have) concealed ALOT. I have shot the 938 and the XDS 9. I do not like the ambi mag release of the XD guns and I think that both recoil more than a shield or Glock 19. If your primary gun will be a 1911 then the 938 will be perfect. If your primary gun will be an XD then get the XDS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisreedrules View Post
    Went with a gen4 Glock19 in black. I also through a Surefire X300U and some Trijicon night sights on it. My lgs threw in a free kydex OWB holster for it that supports the light so that was cool. I like it a lot, I just need to get a few thousand rounds through it and I'll like it a lot more. I'm so used to my HK that almost everything I try just doesn't quite feel right now haha. I think I'm still going to get a little Sig P938 though, it's hard to beat the single-stack sub compact for concealability.
    Fantastic choice! Glocks are boring but tend to work and be easy to live with day to day. It's like a base Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, Ford Focus or F150, or Chevy Impala or Silverado. Nobody is going to write songs about them but that's what most people have for the right reasons.

Feedback Score
    G23 has been my main CCW for a while. G19 with fatter bullets.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456