Thread: Larue Tactical 661 Mount and VLTOR CASV Rail

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Larue Tactical 661 Mount and VLTOR CASV Rail

I've got a Aimpoint T-1 that I'd like to mount on a CASV Rail (AR15) and I'd like the T-1 to 1/3 co-witness with my ARs non-folding iron sights. I've done a search to see which mount will provide me with the aforementioned set-up and it seems the LT661 may be my ticket...however, I could not find a definitive statement concerning the suitability of this mount for a 1/3 co-witness. Statements that I found intimated that this was the case, but again, nothing definitive (e.g. Military Morons review of the mount says the Larue mount will co-witness the T-1 on the CASV but he does not specify whether it is an absolute or 1/3 co-witness. I'm not savvy enough to discern which co-witness he means via his pictures). I see that American Defense makes a mount specifically addressing my need but I'd prefer a non-QD mount.

Thank you for any and all help and apologies for any threads I may have overlooked addressing this.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I believe you want the LT661HK mount for your application. The LT661 ("low" mount) might produce an absolute cowitness on a CAS-V but I doubt it will get the height needed for lower-1/3.

The HK height compensates for the raised rail of the HK416, which ought to be closer to the CAS-V height but not quite as tall (I do not know the exact height dimensions between the two); the HK height mount should get you closer to the desired lower-1/3.

Lookin

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    kwilikin-

Thank you for the reply, but IIRC, Military Morons specifically noted not to use the HK mount.

Since there don't appear to be any other options, will I be disappointed purchasing the American Defense QD mount?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Yeah, looking at the mm site it shows the low mount (LT661) with the CASV rail. But this will be an absolute cowitness...

The HK height will be higher than lower-1/3, but it gets closer to that goal than the low mount without being obnoxiously tall like the tall mount would be.

I don't know much about the ADM mount in terms of height. I would rather have a LaRue personally, but you will have to weigh what features in a mount you want, including your desired height. ETA: that said, the ADM will be a solid (read: non-junk) mount.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    Last edited by kwilkin; 09-30-14 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thank you for clearing up the type of co-witness the LT661 provides on the CASV; that truly is a big help to me. I too prefer Larue but I don't see any mount of theirs that will provide me the 1/3 co-witness.