Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Noveske Recon Coated In Flat Dark Earth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My Noveske Recon Coated In Flat Dark Earth

Here are some Pictures of my Noveske Recon 16in with VLTOR VIS. I had it coated by Ironridgeguns.com, Oliver is local for me and I'm impressed with his work. It is coated in Flat Dark Earth and Black. I ordered the Upper from DSG arms and the Lower from GandR.

Extras
    NightForce 1-4x24 FC-2 reticule
    Larue SPR 1.5 mount
    Larue Light mount
    Larue FUG
    Surefire 6PD. With a Cree LED drop-in and after market tape switch.
    Magpul UBR in Flat Dark Earth
    Ergo Ambigrip. I really like it.
    Troy Folding Sights
    Blue Force Gear Vickers two point padded sling.

Now my only problem is what color scheme is going to work on this Noveske N4 Reece.

John
    Last edited by John123; 05-13-08 at 22:21. Reason: Poor spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice rifle. I personally like my tans darker and finish not so thick. The one picture of the rollmarks show the thickness of the finish on the underside of the upper around the barrel nut. Personally I think it's a little thick but it should definitely be durable now.

What finish is it?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Nice rifle. I personally like my tans darker and finish not so thick. The one picture of the rollmarks show the thickness of the finish on the underside of the upper around the barrel nut. Personally I think it's a little thick but it should definitely be durable now.

What finish is it?
    Not sure of the exact name of the product but its a Cerakote I believe. Not really sure what color it is. Ill find out and post it here for you.

John

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Very nice rifle John. The paint job is great! I am very jealous of that UBR you got. Go green on the middy!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

GREAT looking rifle..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Drool

I need to do that for my noveske recon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    Very nice rifle John. The paint job is great! I am very jealous of that UBR you got. Go green on the middy!
    I thought about green for a while, but Colorado is such a tan state with all the rocks and such.

I was thinking about doing the N4 in a white with black flecks. I figure it snows in Colorado and I need a rifle to match every season. I guess it goes back to watching Red Dawn as a kid and wondering why they didnt paint their rifles white.
    I dont know how it would look, but no guts no glory.

John

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post

What finish is it?
    I just talked to Oliver and found out the specifics. It is a mil spec Flat Dark earth. The coating is a Cerakote and Ceramic mix Iron Armor is what its called.. At least that what I understood out of it.

John

Feedback Score
    Nice work on a nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    I am wondering if your guy coated the lower BEFORE it was built, or did you send him the complete lower, and he tore it down, and removed all the parts for the IronArmor finish?
    Just wondering if he removed the takedown pins, and the bolt catch/mag catch, trigger, etc, before he applied the coating or what?
    Looks nice like that. Shows good attention to detail.
    Not sure why anyone would want a THINNER coating, as this coating doesn't look to be super thick where it would inhibit you in any way? I would think it would be much more durable this way. (The rollmarks certainly don't look filled in, where the coating is all that thick, IMO)
    Anyhow, I gotta ask you about that FUG, cause you sure do have it FORWARD!
    Are you using that FUG as a Monopod, or as a true "Forward Universal Grip"/Vertical Grip?
    Looks like it's in the "Monopod" position from my view!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast