Thread: Eotech 553 Vs EXPS 3-0 Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score

Eotech 553 Vs EXPS 3-0 Red Dot Sight

For those of you,who are familiar with Eotech Red Dot Sights,is there a reason to get the The Eotech 553 over the EXPS 3-0?The reason for me asking this question is because someone is selling me both for the same price and if I am not mistaken,in the market,the Eotech 553 is a bit more expensive than the EXPS 3-0.
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Get the EXPS 3. The battery compartment design on it is much better and will be more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I agree. Get the EXPS. The QD design is MUCH more durable and the battery compartment is a better design.
    Last edited by GTF425; 09-29-14 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot to the both of you for your replies.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    553 is fantastic, IF, you like weak sauce ARMS levers, stupid huge foot print on receiver, battery contacts that fall out in the grass or roll away, and excess weight.

XPS series any day. The 512/552 if not going single battery. Better all around than 553, which should have been aborted.

Feedback Score
    Imo, the xps/exps is the only eotech to consider as it has the redesigned battery compartment.

Sent On The Fly

Feedback Score
    In regards to the Eotech EXPS 2-0 and 3-0,what is difference between the OPMod version and the None-OPMOD version?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
    In regards to the Eotech EXPS 2-0 and 3-0,what is difference between the OPMod version and the None-OPMOD version?
    Thanks.
    The 3 has night vision capabilities & the 2 does not. The OPMOD versions are Optics Planet exclusive EOTechs are usually much cheaper the their EOTech branded counterparts. The OPMOD EXPS2 is actually a model 3 with the night vision disabled. Removal of the OPMOD labeled hood uncovers the disabled NV button. The OPMOD EXPS3 has NV capabilities.
    If you can ignore the logo, the OPMOD version is the way to go, price wise. The logo is also easily removed with solvents like contact cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    The 3 has night vision capabilities & the 2 does not. The OPMOD versions are Optics Planet exclusive EOTechs are usually much cheaper the their EOTech branded counterparts. The OPMOD EXPS2 is actually a model 3 with the night vision disabled. Removal of the OPMOD labeled hood uncovers the disabled NV button. The OPMOD EXPS3 has NV capabilities.
    If you can ignore the logo, the OPMOD version is the way to go, price wise. The logo is also easily removed with solvents like contact cleaner.

I realize this is an ancient thread. Didn't want to create a new 'EOTech' thread though.

Looking at EO's on OpticsPlanet the OpMods do not show the 'made in USA' logo however majority of the non OpMod regular EO's (e.g. EXPS, 512 and such) do show the 'made in USA' logo. So is this reasoning for the OpMods reduced price? Are the OpMods refurbished EO's and then rebranded 'OpMod' to circumvent selling as a full fledged MIUSA EO?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)