Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB first impressions

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Precision Armament EFAB first impressions

I just took receipt of the precision armament EFAB enhanced flash arresting muzzle brake.

The machining is on par with the AFAB, which is exceptional. Will take it to the range tomorrow. More info then.

http://precisionarmament.com/product...-muzzle-brake/

Weight on my scale: 3.5oz/ 98 grams

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 09-29-14 at 21:45.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Looking at the pictures on their site, I'm intrigued. Is it supposed to do something significantly from the AFAB? I was thiiiiiiiss close to putting money down on an AFAB or a Griffin flash comp.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    That looks pretty awesome.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Looking at the pictures on their site, I'm intrigued. Is it supposed to do something significantly from the AFAB? I was thiiiiiiiss close to putting money down on an AFAB or a Griffin flash comp.
    I spoke to them over the phone and they stated that it doesn't have an expansion chamber like the AFAB mini, so it should have a very minimal effect on gas system performance/function and cause very little aditional gas system pressure as it is essentially a straight-through design (think a non-baffled, flow-through automobile muffler). Further, its design incorporates divergent gas "nozzles" as opposed to straight holes as in the AFAB mini. The machining operations are quite complex (as best seen in the photographs of the sectioned EFAB on their website) and it is designed to provide flash suppression that is nearly on-par with the A2. We shall see, but the conceptual science seems sound.

Like the gen-II M4SD-II, it does not have ports on the top or the bottom and, to my eyes, appears symmetrical in that manner. Which could be good for me because I was getting a little muzzle dip with the Lantac DGN556B (though this wouldn't be the case for most guns).
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Some edited close ups.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I spoke to them over the phone and they stated that it doesn't have an expansion chamber like the AFAB mini, so it should have a very minimal effect on gas system performance/function and cause very little aditional gas system pressure as it is essentially a straight-through design (think a non-baffled, flow-through automobile muffler). Further, its design incorporates divergent gas "nozzles" as opposed to straight holes as in the AFAB mini. The machining operations are quite complex (as best seen in the photographs of the sectioned EFAB on their website) and it is designed to provide flash suppression that is nearly on-par with the A2. We shall see, but the conceptual science seems sound.

Like the gen-II M4SD-II, it does not have ports on the top or the bottom and, to my eyes, appears symmetrical in that manner. Which could be good for me because I was getting a little muzzle dip with the Lantac DGN556B (though this wouldn't be the case for most guns).
    did you ask him why he is making a MAMS and TT love child?

http://precisionarmament.com/product...r-compensator/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post

I didn't. But I'm sure you could. Next question.

Also, it's not similar to either. I've owned an AFAB mini and have seen and shot the TT and seen in person the MAMS. They are all clearly distinct from eachother in design and execution.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just ran 100 rounds through the EFAB. I'm really liking it. I have an 18" barrel and shot it back to back with an LMT 16" agency carbine with an A2, using Federal XM193 55gr. The EFAB was just as pleasant with regard to muzzle blast for the shooter. 45 degrees back it's only very slightly louder, but the pressure is identical.

If you're sensitive to the over pressure of most brakes, this is your best option.

Also, it's a very neutral brake. Zero muzzle dip or muzzle rise. Finally found what I was looking for in that regard. Rearward recoil reduction is reduced as compared to the Lantac, but it's still a softy.

Lastly, it generates noticeably less back pressure in the gas system than the Lantac DGN556b. I opened my SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 two notches to the 8th position from fully closed in order to get function on steel cased Tula 55gr and lock back on PMC bronze.

It was mid day in Orlando so I had no realistic way to evaluate flash, but I couldn't see any for whatever that's worth. I'll try and take it out to my next night shoot and report back.

EDIT: The blank space between the apertures on the bottom of the EFAB is wider than the space on the top.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 09-30-14 at 17:31. Reason: Add info

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I didn't. But I'm sure you could. Next question.

Also, it's not similar to either. I've owned an AFAB mini and have seen and shot the TT and seen in person the MAMS. They are all clearly distinct from eachother in design and execution.
    You have got to be joking.... Not similar? That is just nonsense.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post

So what is the point of your question? Some implied malfeasance on the part of Precision Armament? Intellectual theft or infringement? I'm sure KAC appreciates your concern.

Precision Armament is making a muzzle devices that each incorporate multiple functional features. Other devices on the market may share one or two of those features, but the Precision Armament devices are direct knock-offs of nothing.
    To imply that they are copying, stealing, or have no right to do what they are doing is nonsense.

BTW: Clearly not a TT and MAMS lovechild... that lovechild would retail at over $400.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast